Fourmile Falls Trail

Fourmile Falls Trail is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pagosa Springs, Colorado that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and horses. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Camping in the wild at your own risk... Bears in the area, so hang your food high and away from the camp ground . The stream keeps your beer/wine ice and cold ;-)

5 minutes ago

Distance: Closer to 6.5 than 5.5 round trip based on my Garmin. we did pass a few people on the way back who were contemplating not finishing it to the falls because it was "longer than we thought",

Kid friendly. We hiked with our 5 kids, youngest is 6, and he did fine - but you have to be patient. There are a lot of long "flat" sections with only a few steep sections which aren't very long. It makes the actual elevation gain seem less than it is.

Views: There are some wild-flowers in bloom but a lot more getting close -the meadows will be incredible in a couple weeks. You can start to see the north face falls about a 1/2 mile before you hit the actual base of the western falls. Once you can see the western falls don't stop - its about 400m farther to get closer to the base and it gives you such a great view and appreciation for how high the falls actually are.

Great trail, with 2 waterfalls to be seen. We went 3 miles to the base of Fourmile Falls and from the map , it appears you can continue on another 1.5 miles to the Upper Creek Falls. We stopped at the base of Fourmile Falls, and had no issue at all with fallen trees. It looked like someone had come through and recently chainsawed the trail clear. The two waterfalls and the surrounding peaks make this a special hike.

Beautiful trail! Be prepared to navigate around many trees that have fallen on the trail...lots of going under or over them. Great hike!

Great hike! Roughly 4 miles each way. Lots of fallen trees that you have to navigate and need to cross the creek a couple of times. Beautiful views the whole way and the falls are incredible.

About a mile in the trail split and everyone we met came from the right and said you couldn't cross the flowing river and were headed back. My wife and I were determined to cross so we went down stream 1/4 mile and made it across and re connected to the trail and hiked for 2 hours and never found the falls. Only to find out the next day that the falls were the trail to the left. A sign would be helpful for novice hikers like my wife and I. It was a beautiful hike with a lot of trees down on the second half of our hike. Weather was perfect and the river we waded thru was nice and cold.

great hike... be mindful of the trail. many felled trees to climb over and can be easy to lose the trail. the falls are beautiful and worth the hike.

I know we are at the beginning of the season so they have not yet gone in to clear the path... we had to really focus on finding the trail lots of trees down and the trail is blocked in certain areas. I enjoyed climbing over the trees and balancing on stumps to cross over creeks it made it a lot harder than I thought it would be. we were the only ones on the trail which made it nice.. i tracked 4 miles to get to the falls

make sure you wear proper hiking shoes because this trail includes hiking over large trees, snow, water... I would also where long pants as my legs were all cut up from dead branches

One of my favorites, as I and bring company here when they visit. My only recommendation is to start early in the morning. Colorado tends to get afternoon showers and thunderstorms that bring lightening. This is NOT were you want to be when the thunder clouds roll in!

Beautiful hike but be mindful of how much water you bring. We passed a couple groups that were out of water not even halfway into the hike. The trail got a little confusing near the falls so pay attention.

Like others have said the first mile can be kind of uneventful but shortly after begins to be more of a challenge. We ended up taking the wrong path near the falls and had to backtrack so pay close attention when you hit the stream crossing. Bring plenty of fluids, I drank a small lake on the way in for some reason and don't think I could of comfortably made it back without dunking in the cold waterfall.