Fountain Valley Loop Trail

Fountain Valley Loop Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Littleton, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

No Dogs and No Bikes allowed. There is a $7 entrance fee to access the park. Most wheelchairs can ride the Fountain Valley Trail with little or no difficulty during good weather conditions. Trail is not paved. Comments: The Fountain Valley Trail is a 2.3 mile loop that winds through the Fountain and Lyons rock formations with a moderate change in elevation. This self-guided hike takes you through some of the most magnificent land in the park. The trail winds through several different habitats for plants and animals, including mule deer, fox and a variety of birds. You may see a golden eagle soaring over the hogback hunting small mammals, snakes or birds. At the top of the loop are buildings built by Henry S. Persse at the turn of the century. Persse used Roxborough as a summer home and hoped to develop the land into a resort. Hiking time is approximately one and one-half to two hours.

Not much more than a short walk through very pretty rock formations. Expect to see a lot of folks on the trail.

A really great and scenic hike. This loop is pretty easy and is stroller accessible. With that said, we probably won't be back because we can not bring our dog. Dogs are not allowed in Roxborough even on leash. We instead default to the Deer Creek Canyon Loop as our 'close to Denver' hike.

It was a beautiful walk/hike, my husband had a heart attack and January of this year and we thought hiking would be good for him. He did great me on the other hand got winded a mile in. I have a sit down job so I need to work up my endurance. Plus my knees are shot. But I did it all the way around and then took on another path for another mile.

Absolutely stunning views

Absolutely beautiful

love this for a quick one with beautiful rock formations

Great easy hike for hikers and families. Beautiful views and wildlife. Also, some great history along the way at the stone house.

A beautiful, easy loop that gives you all the best views Roxborough has to offer. Make sure you take the spur to Lyons Overlook!