Fountain Creek Nature Trail

Fountain Creek Nature Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Fountain, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

To the gentleman who was upset about his walk and won't be back, the hail storm killed the fish. Please revisit soon.

It had a horrid smell and there were dead fish everywhere around the lake. Terrible experience. I will not return.

This is a nice, peaceful walk by water. There were lots of birds! We had a dog with us and couldnt walk on all the trails, but had a great walk on in the dog friendly areas.

nice trail I take it a lot very nice highly recommend, for kids dog walking.

I went with my kids and with friends and their dogs and it was great. Very easy to keep track of the kids and the dogs.

I give this a 5 because it is close to my house in Fountain. There are parts you can walk dogs just not by the nature center. Nice flat trail easy to walk on. You can view ducks and geese in the waters.

I have hiked and birded at this park for years and it is always pleasant. Most of the flood damage from a few years ago has been repaired, but not down at the Hansen Nature area. This is a popular area for the 719rocks folks and there are some geocaches here too. Fishing at Willow Springs Ponds, a nature center, playgrounds and pavillions and now community gardens are in the works. A nice way to spend a few hours in a riparian habitat - a change of pace from the usual Colorado mountain trails.

Easy trail and lots of wildlife out when it’s warm. It’s a great trail to go on if you have kids. My toddler loves it.

This is a great beginner course but not much for the best scenery considering where in Colorado

Great hiking for toddlers

been too many times and it is AMAZING

GREAT trail for little feet. Our littles LOVE this trail. Not difficult at all. stroller friendly. Lots to see. Creeks, ponds, bridges and even a little waterfall. Horses frequent the trail which is great for the kids as well and is a short distance from the park.

Great place for strollers with beautiful scenery!

Easy walk with lots of shade. Really nice by the water and flat for a stroller.

This is an easy walk and we love taking our dogs.

This trail is where we go for a easy walk for me and my dogs. The dogs love it because they can go in the water. Occasionally we get to see a few horses. In the summer there is a little shade. It's relatively easy and flat. Enjoy!

Thursday, July 06, 2017

I loved the wetlands in this area and there is a great amount of shade. A nice hike to do if it's a little bit hott outside. I saw alot of birds and wildlife. There is also the nature center close in case a bathroom is needed for kids,ect..

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Love the scenery and the park is very well kept.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

We accidentally ended up on the pikes peak greenway trail because it isn't well marked. otherwise this is a beautiful and fun walk! good for kids, stroller friendly, places to stop and climb trees or play in the water (it is kinda nasty though)

Friday, June 16, 2017

Excellent trail. Very easy. My two year old even was able to hike the whole way. We saw many different birds along the way. In the ponds we saw coy fish and baby turtles.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Peaceful and quiet spot. Not really any mountain views. Probably a lot prettier in the spring when things are blooming and there's more water flowing. Very flat path great for walking with little kids or to ride bikes.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

I live in Fountain and love this trail. close to home and can go anytime I want.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Decent place for a walk but there are a few downsides. Lots of trails close to the creek and ponds, tons of birds, and even saw a turtle hanging out in one of the ponds. Most of that area has a distinct sewage smell. Not sure if it's the creek or what, but I wouldn't fish or swim here. Tons of people here, however it was Labor Day so there may be less people during the normal week. Ok experience overall, but not great if you are trying to get away from people.

Friday, August 19, 2016

Nice quiet, mostly flat trail with pretty scenery and wildlife. As someone new to the area who is getting used to the elevation changes I thought this would be a good spot to practice running!

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Love Fountain Creek Nature Center. Walk this trail quite a bit.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Great for kids!

Tuesday, August 02, 2016

I enjoyed the water, birds and more. Very peaceful.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Great place to take the family. I went with my kids and grandkids and we had a blast. So many things to see. Watching the grandkids experience different plants and animals for the first time was a real treat.

Monday, May 30, 2016

When the train horn and fighter jets weren't screaming, you could sometimes hear the birds. Be sure to look for the birds, if you look down you'll see the rusting car parts, shopping carts and general trash scattered about.

Thursday, May 19, 2016

It looked like a beautiful trail. We got to walk about half of it, but the other half is a wildlife area where dogs are not allowed (we had several with us). I would highly recommend bug spray!