Fountain Creek Nature Trail

Fountain Creek Nature Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Fountain, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Great hiking for toddlers

been too many times and it is AMAZING

GREAT trail for little feet. Our littles LOVE this trail. Not difficult at all. stroller friendly. Lots to see. Creeks, ponds, bridges and even a little waterfall. Horses frequent the trail which is great for the kids as well and is a short distance from the park.

Great place for strollers with beautiful scenery!

Easy walk with lots of shade. Really nice by the water and flat for a stroller.

This is an easy walk and we love taking our dogs.

This trail is where we go for a easy walk for me and my dogs. The dogs love it because they can go in the water. Occasionally we get to see a few horses. In the summer there is a little shade. It's relatively easy and flat. Enjoy!

I loved the wetlands in this area and there is a great amount of shade. A nice hike to do if it's a little bit hott outside. I saw alot of birds and wildlife. There is also the nature center close in case a bathroom is needed for kids,ect..

Love the scenery and the park is very well kept.

We accidentally ended up on the pikes peak greenway trail because it isn't well marked. otherwise this is a beautiful and fun walk! good for kids, stroller friendly, places to stop and climb trees or play in the water (it is kinda nasty though)

Excellent trail. Very easy. My two year old even was able to hike the whole way. We saw many different birds along the way. In the ponds we saw coy fish and baby turtles.

Peaceful and quiet spot. Not really any mountain views. Probably a lot prettier in the spring when things are blooming and there's more water flowing. Very flat path great for walking with little kids or to ride bikes.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

I live in Fountain and love this trail. close to home and can go anytime I want.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Decent place for a walk but there are a few downsides. Lots of trails close to the creek and ponds, tons of birds, and even saw a turtle hanging out in one of the ponds. Most of that area has a distinct sewage smell. Not sure if it's the creek or what, but I wouldn't fish or swim here. Tons of people here, however it was Labor Day so there may be less people during the normal week. Ok experience overall, but not great if you are trying to get away from people.

Friday, August 19, 2016

Nice quiet, mostly flat trail with pretty scenery and wildlife. As someone new to the area who is getting used to the elevation changes I thought this would be a good spot to practice running!

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Love Fountain Creek Nature Center. Walk this trail quite a bit.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Great for kids!

Tuesday, August 02, 2016

I enjoyed the water, birds and more. Very peaceful.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Great place to take the family. I went with my kids and grandkids and we had a blast. So many things to see. Watching the grandkids experience different plants and animals for the first time was a real treat.

Monday, May 30, 2016

When the train horn and fighter jets weren't screaming, you could sometimes hear the birds. Be sure to look for the birds, if you look down you'll see the rusting car parts, shopping carts and general trash scattered about.