Fountain Creek Nature Trail is a 1.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Fountain, Colorado that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 1.7 miles Elevation Gain: 36 feet Route Type: Loop

Great local trail with lots of opportunities to see wildlife. I have seen Prairie dogs, Eagles, turtles, birds, rabbits and a heron. Trails has lots of streams, lakes, and swamp area. So fun. Seen many family with kids, people riding bikes, joggers, photographers, and people just enjoying themselves. Very easy flat trail. As mentioned by others, trails is a bit dirty from trash and the water looks mucky. However, the trail is still quite beautiful. Will definitely come back to explore again.

Fun, easy trail. Great for getting back into hiking. Not too many people today. Some dogs walking their people but all in good spirits. Some rocky areas near the river, which was shallow at this time. Biking, bird watching, jogging all were seen today. Fun outing after being stuck inside.

Nice local trail. Creek runs by most of walk which is nice. Certain areas do not allow dogs. Dog park at one end so that makes up for not allowing them on all the trails IMO.

It was a very pleasant and easy walk!

bridge out
flooded
icy

I walk here everyday, right outside my front door, & enjoy the wildlife such as Coyotes, Hawks, Bobcats, Ducks of all kinds & Bald Eagles. The main trails are kept up nicely, but any trails along the creek or off the main are polluted with trash & heroin needles. Fountain Creek is Beyond disgusting & is filled with all kinds of toxic garbage. This would be a Beautiful trail, if not for the pollution, waste, & noise pollution of guns, tanks, bombs, helicopter & jets from the Military base. (not to mention smoke from all the fires their weapons start).

closed

I love this area and these trails but the amount of trash everywhere was so disappointing.

Take my dog here for walks. Nice dog park and the trail is great to great out for a short walk.

Easy trail. Definitely not a hike but nice walking by the water.

Great for dogs and the family. Beautiful scenery

Very easy and kid friendly. Flat and peaceful.

Beautiful scenery, nice easy biking trail for a beginner like myself :)

nice. well maintained. easy. shady in spots. lots of water. traffic but not busy

flat. well maintained. moderate traffic.

Nice little trail around a nature reserve.

Great! Some places muddy but all in all a great morning walk.

This is a fun trail and super easy. I love taking my dog on this a few times per week. There are lots of runners and other dogs and a few mountain bikers on an average day. There are lots of places where you can get close to the water and just listen to it’s peacefulness. Directions to the trail, and the route are spot on.

This park is closed

good trail except I can't have my dog on half of it.

Tue May 28 2019

Beautiful and easy!

Sat May 25 2019

The trail was very nice for mountain biking or hiking, unfortunately I was on a road bike. I read other reviews that stated the trail was concrete asphalt and some patches of gravel. I started the trail off of lykeman and grind in Fountain. I rode 8.2 MI and never seen any concrete or asphalt just a loose gravel which was not ideal for Road biking, other than that the trail was great lots of opportunities for hiking fishing picnics and plenty of shade. I finally reached my limit with the loose gravel, so I had to take Highway 85 back around to my vehicle. the ride ended up being a 17 Mile Loop which was very nice but it took about two hours due to the slow riding conditions. overall I would recommend the trail with the right equipment.

Sun Apr 28 2019

Took the family and we loved it. Dogs are supposed to be on a leash but saw a few people out there not following the rules. There’s always at least one who acts like they can’t read the signs.

Thu Apr 25 2019

4.25.19 Nice little hike. Saw deer, turtles, frogs, geese, a lizard, a sneaky snake