Forgotten Valley

Forgotten Valley is a 6.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Golden, Colorado that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

FYI, if you bring a vehicle and want to park at the base of the trail(s), you'll have to pay $7 for a day pass.

We arrived early and spend a few hours hiking, taking our time and going off trail here and there to enjoy the views. There was plenty of wildlife and few people on the trail before 10am. The "lake" is more of a large pond with fish and seaweed, but is still serene if you're there alone.

The weather changes on a dime the higher you go, so bring layers and something to put them in because you'll be hot and cold!

Pictures are misleading, but it was a decent hike.

Have to go through Burro trail. I was hoping to have river creek through out the trail or at least in spots but after first .5 miles of trail it's all pretty dry trail. I think it should be rated moderate instead of easy. I returned from half way was hot and had two huskies .... I would go back without my dogs someday.

Absolutely gorgeous hike but it is not Easy as this app states. It is almost all uphill and the map lists it as hard. I had to take many stops and was a little beyond my level of experience. That being said it was so beautiful it was worth the effort.

Nice hike during nice weather. Hike to the pond/lake and back for a short one or continue on for the full hike. Great for the puppy too

One of our favorite regular trails to run.

We loved this hike. Very lightly trafficked, does get busy around noontime though. Peaceful, beautiful views, and a cool historic house (with swings on the porch). Well marked, love that as your going along the trail it tells you where you are on the trail and has arrows to guide you. Perfect for dogs. Highly recommend.

A beautiful and easy hike with amazing views and peaceful energy❤️