Forgotten Valley

Forgotten Valley is a 6.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Golden, Colorado that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from May until November.

This trail is about 45 minutes out of Downtown Denver for any of those who may be traveling from there. We hiked the whole loop of mountain lion trail which ended up being almost 7 miles. With stopping to take pictures here and there and resting at the lake, it took my friend and I about 4 1/2 hours to do the full loop. It was a pretty long hike and a good part of it was uphill. Part of the trail follows a little creek that is very clear and pretty! We also hiked through a lot of really dense trees and then got to see some pretty mountain views towards the last half of the trail. By the time we got to the lake my friend and I were a little worn out and done with the trail (however this was the first hike we have been on this year so we were a little out of shape). The lake was a beautiful color and very clear as well. I'm sure this hike would be beautiful in the summer when everything was green!

We were a little confused cause at the beginning the trail is called Burro trail but in like one mile it turns into the mountain lion trail and that takes you to the forgotten valley once there you see an amazing lake and a couple very cool cabins!! The lake is so clear and beautiful. We didn't make it all the way up to the windy peak, but still an amazing hike!

Found this hidden gem when hiking on Buffalo trail. So beautiful! I wish they rented the cabin out! Unfortunately it is only a historic building.

We did a loop that covered three trails. We parked at Bridge Creek Trail head and hiked in from there. We connected to Mountain Lion Trail heading westward on the trail towards the Forgotten Valley. We saw some fishermen on the lake at Forgotten Valley. We continued on towards Windy Peak and connected to Burro Trail. We looped back towards Mountain Lion for a small part of the trail and then to Bridge Creek back to the car. Overall the hike took about 2.5 hours and had patches that were icy. We brought icetrekkers and hiking poles, we did not need to use the icetrekkers but poles were nice for balance over icy parts. There were some windy parts so layers are good to have.

Loved this trail! It was rocky most of the trail with beautiful views along the way. Also a nice lower body workout. My dog loved it too.

little bit of everything to see, pack a lunch to eat ar the top and pack some sunscreen! one of my favorites, easy with some switchbacks that had me puffing a bit, but I'm also 19 weeks pregnant :)

I feel confused as to how this hike is rated "easy" when both the Burro and Mountain Lion trails are rated difficult. It wasn't that I found it challenging, I think I was just expecting something else. I was really looking for a nice easy hike with rolling hills and that is not what I got.

Nice trail great views we headed up to Windy peak from here excellent views from there

Beautiful trail.

This place was GREAT! Hiked in with two kids, 4 and 8, no problems there. Spent the day fishing and picnicking. So much fun! Beautiful area.

Beautiful lake at that top with historical home from the 1800s. $7 for a day pass but totally worth it. Not a hard hike at all.

Super easy hike. There's a lot of water running down from the snow melt so it was muddy in some areas especially when trying to cross over to get to the Tallman Ranch. Other than that it was pretty dry through out. We took Burro trail to Mountain Lion trail. Make sure to sit on the porch swings and enjoy the view. The $7 day pass was well worth it.