Forgotten Valley

Forgotten Valley is a 6.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Golden, Colorado that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1 hour ago

If the elevation gain wasn't so extreme it would be incredible. We got on the wrong trail at some point but the trail is gorgeous and well worth it.

Good trail.. just don't get lost!

This spot worth checking out just for beautiful drive, about 8 mile hike. Lightly shaded so it can get pretty hot. Pretty busy on the weekends.

Nice little morning hike to the cabin and back. The earlier you go the fewer people. The first 30 min is the roughest and then is smooths out. Lots of loose rock, shaded in the morning for 1/2 the way- very little shade after 1200.
Great for kids and even semi-out of shape adults (once you get past the first 30 min).

Nice hike. The wife and I made our way up and around the quaint cabin. The first 30 or so minutes from the parking spot were the hardest in terms of elevation change. After that, it was smooth sailing. Well worth the trip.

Super easy, not many people for a Saturday. Scenic with the creek running nearby the whole time.

majestic AF

This trail is about 45 minutes out of Downtown Denver for any of those who may be traveling from there. We hiked the whole loop of mountain lion trail which ended up being almost 7 miles. With stopping to take pictures here and there and resting at the lake, it took my friend and I about 4 1/2 hours to do the full loop. It was a pretty long hike and a good part of it was uphill. Part of the trail follows a little creek that is very clear and pretty! We also hiked through a lot of really dense trees and then got to see some pretty mountain views towards the last half of the trail. By the time we got to the lake my friend and I were a little worn out and done with the trail (however this was the first hike we have been on this year so we were a little out of shape). The lake was a beautiful color and very clear as well. I'm sure this hike would be beautiful in the summer when everything was green!

We were a little confused cause at the beginning the trail is called Burro trail but in like one mile it turns into the mountain lion trail and that takes you to the forgotten valley once there you see an amazing lake and a couple very cool cabins!! The lake is so clear and beautiful. We didn't make it all the way up to the windy peak, but still an amazing hike!

Found this hidden gem when hiking on Buffalo trail. So beautiful! I wish they rented the cabin out! Unfortunately it is only a historic building.