Forgotten Valley

Forgotten Valley is a 6.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Golden, Colorado that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great views, moderate in difficulty. We did it with layers and good boots as most snow was melted away. Beautiful cabin at the end, totally a great spot for lunch. started on Burro trail, connected to Mountain Lion to get there.

Tons of snow, but you can do this with waterproof hiking boots. Not too hard! Was a good challenge for a winter hike. Did it on a sunny day, maybe 45 degrees. Just follow the trail to windy peak. Only saw one other person on the hike.

One of my all-time favorite trails. That may be party because of all my awesome memories here but the homestead and the little pond are beyond sweet. It's got more people than it used to, which is a little sad to me but I will always love this place. In the right times of the right years, GG Park has some of the best wildflowers I've ever seen,

Definitely one of the better hikes I’ve done since moving out here. Not the most extreme but I really enjoyed myself.

Windy Peak lived up to its name on 10/7/17. This was our second time doing Forgotten Valley. We hoped to catch the large aspen grove’s color change but were too late as most leaves had already fallen off. Still, a decent-length hike with some good ascents. The view from Windy Peak is a nice payoff.

FYI, if you bring a vehicle and want to park at the base of the trail(s), you'll have to pay $7 for a day pass.

We arrived early and spend a few hours hiking, taking our time and going off trail here and there to enjoy the views. There was plenty of wildlife and few people on the trail before 10am. The "lake" is more of a large pond with fish and seaweed, but is still serene if you're there alone.

The weather changes on a dime the higher you go, so bring layers and something to put them in because you'll be hot and cold!

Pictures are misleading, but it was a decent hike.

Have to go through Burro trail. I was hoping to have river creek through out the trail or at least in spots but after first .5 miles of trail it's all pretty dry trail. I think it should be rated moderate instead of easy. I returned from half way was hot and had two huskies .... I would go back without my dogs someday.

Absolutely gorgeous hike but it is not Easy as this app states. It is almost all uphill and the map lists it as hard. I had to take many stops and was a little beyond my level of experience. That being said it was so beautiful it was worth the effort.

Nice hike during nice weather. Hike to the pond/lake and back for a short one or continue on for the full hike. Great for the puppy too

One of our favorite regular trails to run.

We loved this hike. Very lightly trafficked, does get busy around noontime though. Peaceful, beautiful views, and a cool historic house (with swings on the porch). Well marked, love that as your going along the trail it tells you where you are on the trail and has arrows to guide you. Perfect for dogs. Highly recommend.

A beautiful and easy hike with amazing views and peaceful energy❤️

If the elevation gain wasn't so extreme it would be incredible. We got on the wrong trail at some point but the trail is gorgeous and well worth it.

Good trail.. just don't get lost!

This spot worth checking out just for beautiful drive, about 8 mile hike. Lightly shaded so it can get pretty hot. Pretty busy on the weekends.

Nice little morning hike to the cabin and back. The earlier you go the fewer people. The first 30 min is the roughest and then is smooths out. Lots of loose rock, shaded in the morning for 1/2 the way- very little shade after 1200.
Great for kids and even semi-out of shape adults (once you get past the first 30 min).

Nice hike. The wife and I made our way up and around the quaint cabin. The first 30 or so minutes from the parking spot were the hardest in terms of elevation change. After that, it was smooth sailing. Well worth the trip.

Super easy, not many people for a Saturday. Scenic with the creek running nearby the whole time.

majestic AF