Flume Canyon Trail

Flume Canyon Trail is a 4.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fruita, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful area. Trail markings are not great. Would do it again with more time to explore a bit more. I wish it wasn't so unmarked/misleading as far as sign directions.

Beautiful easy trail to hike. I recommend adding the Inner Flume if you like having a sense of adventure.

Signage is misleading, so glad I had this app! not tons of shade so go early or late. we saw lots if wildflowers and blooming cactus in early may.

Trail markers aren't great, we ended up off the path almost as soon as we started but still and enjoyable area to explore. I'd recommend marking where you started or bringing a compass - it's easy to get turned around. We followed signs for Flume 1 (often pointing in two different directions) and Inner Flume so just keep track of where you go. Great views, and some small animals.

Took us about two hours, but I wouldn't depend on that - again, really easy to get off the trail.

Great hike. Great area. It’s rides the rim of the canyon for the most part, and has stellar views. Not much elevation change, so it’s a good hike to take if your not feeling up to something bigger. Do yourself a favor and check this place out.

Love this trail! The view of the canyon is beautiful as you walk a long the slick rock and the red rock with many balanced rocks.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

this is hands down one of my favorite places. the view is jaw dropping, walks and climbs vary in challenge. you can pack light or heavy. go prepared bring plenty water and more food than you need. you may decide to stay longer than expected because it's just to nice too leave.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Fantastic! Great for dogs and like no people.

Friday, July 14, 2017