Flatirons Vista Trail

Flatirons Vista Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Boulder, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Start on the North Loop to have the best views throughout the hike. $5 feef for parking unless you are a Boulder resident.

excellent to get back into riding after the winter months, take it easy and enjoy the view!

Our first hike here in Boulder. Nice view, saw some prairie dogs. Pretty easy, which was what we were looking for.

Very easy trail through meadows and into an arroyo; great for dogs, children, bird-watchers, etc. Lots of mountain bikers though as this trail connects to several others, such as Dowdy Draw where dogs aren’t allowed.

it's really beautiful and not too long or difficult. really amazing view from arch and I recommend going slow because the trail itself is magic. perfect for beginners also.

This is a great trail for a family, especially with a small child. He did great throughout with only a few stops. The weather was perfect and the trail was not busy. We had to step aside a few times for bikes but everyone was ultra friendly. If you don’t live in Boulder county there is a $5 fee at the parking lot.

Decided to go before the sun went down and super glad I did. There wasn’t many people on the trail. It was quiet and peaceful the view is amazing and is really easy to get to.

Great trail with incredible views of the Flatirons; the wildflowers were beautiful. We ended up taking a wrong turn and walking on the Doudy Draw Trail; that was stunning but had much more elevation. Definitely worth the total 8 mile trip. The return on the South Loop was a bit tough because of large sections of loose rocks/gravel. But the meadows/ponderosa were lovely. Overall a great experience.

great easy hike. Flat most of the way. beautiful wildflowers!!

Awesome trail, beautiful views. I just wanted to keep going! My son and I did this today and we liked it. Not hard. We hiked in and out in about an 8.5 mile trip. We will definitely do more exploring next time!! Lots of mountain bikers but everyone was soo friendly! A beautiful day to experience the outdoors!!

Great nice trail with copious wild flowers out right now. Path is rocky and loose, but with some great smooth sections. Take the Prairie Loop for a great single track and path with great views.

This hike was beautiful! All the wildflowers are in bloom. Easy hike. Lots of dogs and kids.

Beautiful hike! The wildflowers are out. Fairly easy hike with great views.

So beautiful! Awesome mountain views with lots of wildflowers.

Beautiful views and all the wildflowers!

Great hike, Kylie, Oakley and I enjoyed the afternoon.

It has a little bit of everything. I look forward to going back.

My out of shape friend from Texas did it and so can you. We had copious amounts of cured meats beforehand! And a banana cream pie.

Would recommend starting via Flatirons North instead of South. Otherwise you turning back on flatirons when coming back around in the open space.

wide open fields and a gorgeous view of the flat irons. I've never been on a trail with such a awesome inspiring panoramic of the front range, perfect distance. Easy to walk but bring thick soled shoes for it's got a ton of medium sized rocks. It looks like an awesome path for mountain biking, there were lots of bikers, next time I go I will bring my mountain bike. No shade so bring a hat and your own water, too. Bathroom at trailhead but no water fountain.

This is my year round, go to exercise Loop. It is pretty enough with wildflowers and not difficult.

There is a fee to park for non Boulder residents. This is due to the surrounding towns not implementing open space and collecting taxes- and those residents using the Boulder Valley areas. If you don't like to pay to park and support the open space- either pay taxes or go to another town. There are plenty of options.

Fills up on weekends.

Beautiful views. A nice easy, fairly flat trail. Dog friendly and not overly crowded. Parking fills up quick and there is $5 fee if you aren't a Boulder county resident.

I didn’t do it there’s a fee to park because boulder is pretentious.

Arrived shortly after 11AM on a Sunday, the parking lot was pretty busy as can be expected in the Denver/Boulder metro area. The trail itself is fairly simple with only some slight elevation changes. The views are wonderful. I definitely got sunburnt, there is very limited shade. I'd recommend this to anyone looking for an easy hike.

Easy and beautiful views of flatirons. We got to the trailhead by 10am today(Sunday 50 degree), parking lot is full and lucky we got a spot after a car leave. The other side of the parking lot is for horse trailer parking, by 12 noon after we finished hiking, cars also parking there.
$5 fee for non Boulder residents. Some parts of the trails are narrow and shared with other hikers, trail runners and bikers.
We saw a coyote today!
The trails are dry and windy today.

4 stars for trail running or easy hike with mountain views. Also not too crowded and nice for dogs.
3 stars compared to the many gorgeous trails in the Boulder area and because this trail has many bikers, lots of cow/horse dung, and is quite windy.

The tread is a little bumpy on a bike. Scenery doesn't get good until you get into the trees. Decent wildflowers some years.

Beautiful hike with minimal effort. We did the loop down into the valley and then around to the other side of 93 (clockwise). Lots of exposure so wear your sunscreen. Only knock on this trail is that there is a lot of bike traffic. This is really only a problem as you descend into the canyon because the trail is narrow and it can be difficult to move out of the way. Otherwise, awesome!

Insane views. Pretty heavy trafficked on a Sunday. Would this again in a heartbeat!

Fun, easy and beautiful. Also super close to home!