Fancy Pass Trail

Fancy Pass Trail is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Red Cliff, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Pretty basic hike for anyone with medium to excelled hiking fitness. Still enjoyed it though.

Best hike I've ever done. Definitely doable and the views are incredible.

Did this with Missouri pass and I thought the trail and the scenery on Missouri were better.

Awsome!!

Awesome hike, we hiked from Holy Cross city to Fancy Pass and then to Missouri Pass, backpacked near Missouri Lakes. The passes we're still pretty snowy and pretty challenging at times. Having hiking poles and microspikes made this a lot more doable. Coming down Missouri pass we lost the trail under the snow and wound up going off trail at times to find a way down. The only additional thing I wish I'd brought is something to slide down on.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Awesome trail to the lake. My friend and i decided to continue on and turn it into a 14er hike on the Missouri mountain and saw even greater views of the lakes

Monday, September 05, 2016

did missouri lakes and stayed on the back side the first night, came over fancy pass and finished up. super beautiful loop.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Monday, August 22, 2016

Perfect weekend of backpacking. We started with fancy pass to Treasure Cove Lake then headed to Harvey Lake about 4 miles down the trail. Headed back towards Treasure Cove the next day and went over Missouri Pass and to the lakes. Absolutely gorgeous the entire way.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

We hiked the fancy pass trail to the Missouri Lakes trail to hike a loop. The trail was beautiful! Made the day of it, stopping to fish at fancy lake and one of the Missouri lakes. The wildflowers were everywhere!

Friday, August 28, 2015

We hiked in over Fancy Pass and camped in the valley on the other side near Treasure Vault Lake. Gorgeous place to camp. Hiked out the next day over to the Missouri Lakes to finish off the loop. Pretty well traveled area because of the relatively short distance, but a very nice overnighter.

Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Great hike with lots of beautiful features. We hiked over from the Missouri Lakes side after camping there the previous night. Great trail that I would certainly recommend to anyone looking for an alpine experience.

Sunday, March 08, 2015

I like hiking in Holy Cross Wilderness. The mountains are beautiful.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Monday, August 02, 2010

beautiful hike - we did the Fancy Pass / Missouri Lakes loop. I strongly recommend doing it from the Fancy Pass side first, as the skree fields would make the descent more difficult than the ascent.