Falls Creek Loop

Falls Creek Loop is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Durango, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

1 hour ago

Great views, mellow hiking.
About as easy as a trail can be in the mountains.

Great first hike in Colorado! Elevation isn't a problem, easy to get to. A very nice creek runs around the trails and theres multiple trails everywhere that you won't get lost on without the map. Very family friendly and a great place for a quick hike and beautiful views.

Not most interesting trail. Small creek. Good for a nice short hike.

Great flat hike. Waterfalls aren't on this trail but on further back to the right. Great views. Will definitely hike this again.

I only did a 3 mile round trip and didn't make it to the water fall. I had my 3-legged dog with me and I didn't want her to overheat. There were lots of little foot trails, none of them marked. I had no clue where to go. I made it onto a higher trail with lots of shrubs and trees. Beautiful views and lots of shade. I will definitely try this again and hopefully find the waterfall.

It's a little bit complicated to find the falls but once you do it's beautiful. We took the middle trail at the first split and kept going up for awhile and just kept following the main splits and found it on a steep downhill. Getting out was hard as there was soggy ground everywhere. All in all a good trail though.

Lots of options of trails and not really sure which way to take. We chose to go right and ended up at the top ridge & went til trail ended at a no trespass sign. Ended up with 6 miles round trip.

Very poorly marked trail. The only way that you know what trail you are on is at the trailhead and then it quickly starts forking. We mostly wandered and guessed which way to go ( sort of like a "choose your own adventure story). It was generally a pretty easy walk, minus the brief steep climbs and drops, but we did find the falls and creek. Traffic was not too bad.

Hiked this trail on October 22 . First mile maybe is through a long open valley meadow. Grasses were brown but surrounding views still beautiful. The hiking up the mountainside wasn't too difficult, but there were lots of little side trails we somehow got onto - and met another couple who did same thing. Then what seemed to be the only way back down to the meadow was a VERY steep path. down the mountainside. It can't have been the actual trail, but was the only way down that we saw. We turned around and went back the way we came, as did the other couple. Never saw a hint of a waterfall or even where one could have been, so I'm sure we weren't on the right trail. Needless to say, for 2 couples to get confused means it should be better marked. View were indeed very nice though.

Great views

My pups love this trail. It has a good mix of sceneries and I love the waterfall on the back end trail.

It was a nice hike and we enjoyed being in the valley and then up in the mountains. However, we did not see a waterfall. Very disappointed about that.