Fallen Timbers Trail

Fallen Timbers Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This beautiful trail was not in the path of the Black Forest wildfire and is a great alternative for those who enjoyed Black Forest Regional Park. The trail is easy and rolling. Excellent for strollers with larger wheels, but some of the hills can get steep so be prepared for a workout if you're pushing!

My dog and I enjoyed this trail very much. Shady, wide path, with rolling hills. As other reviewers mentioned, the trail is not well marked. I had to open the app and check my location at several intersections.

Very pretty and very easy-going trail through the beautiful Ponderosa Pine trees of Black Forest. My first time, Ella and I did the basic Fallen Timber's, but there are many alternative routes. Water and restroom at the halfway points of two starting parking areas.

Great trail if your looking for something easy. We chose this trail because it seemed like it would be a good one to do with small kids (and it was). Not much activity on the trail even for a Saturday morning. Lots of shade and very quiet. As has been mentioned in several comments there were hardly any sign markers and lots of little trails you could get lost on, but the gps feature on this app allows you to see where the main trail is and where you are on it so it really wasn't an issue. My biggest complaint was that there was a LOT of horse poop on the trail. We spent much of our time navigating our kids around it:/. Other than that it was a great little hike!

Well maintained trails and great for families. The ponderosa pines smell amazing and there are plenty of geocaches to find.