Evergreen Mountain Trail

Evergreen Mountain Trail is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Evergreen, Colorado that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great views at end

So many bikers, but all the friendly kind! Great little hike, would make for a great trail run but I brought my Frenchie and he isn’t much of a runner :-)

Great hike. The trails are well maintained and clearly marked. Parking can be a bit of an issue, so arrive early.

The summit has some nice spots for picturesque landscapes. The short detour down to the scenic overlook is also worth it to get a view of the town of Evergreen and the surrounding mountains.

The trails were heavily trafficked by mountain bikes, so keep an eye and ear out for them.

great views, great trails, quiet for most park. come early because after 9 its a little congested.

Decent 4 mile hike. Trail runners and bicyclists were frequently wizzing by, so just something to be mindful of especially if you bring your dog. Mostly shaded but there are a couple places at top to stop and catch a scenic view.

We really enjoyed this hike! A bit of an incline on the way up, but overall pretty easy. We did pass a lot of mountain bikers, but everyone had great trail manners; otherwise not too many other hikers. Nice and shaded but still recommend wearing sunscreen.

This trail is primarily used for mountain biking (would probably rate 4-5 for that purpose), but decent hike. Terrain is nice and was easy on pups paws. Mostly shaded. Some great heart pumping steady uphills. All bikers were very polite and communicative. Started on Wild Iris and also ended up doing the West Loop. Total about 5 miles.

Great trail. I took Wild Iris to Evergreen Mountain West to the Summit Trail. The Summit Trail isn't marked but it branches into the east trail and then the Summit trail north--not too hard to find. Steady incline up the mountain but never too steep. It's definitely worth it to go all the way up around the summit! The views are beautiful. Moderately shady but I recommend sunscreen.

Loved this hike! A great quick morning or sunset hike option when in the areas low elevation gain through a beautiful and shaded lodge pole pine forest with some amazing views at the summit. Take some extra time to scramble around and explore once you get to the top. I arrived at the trailhead around 07:45 and was the second person there, but about an hour later when on my way back down I passed at least 15 others. I would definitely do this hike again!

Nice hike and great scenic views along the trail. Lots of mountain bikers to watch for.

Beautiful trail starting through a valley and then through the trees. Flowers were out. Pretty view point at the end. My favorite hike I’ve done at Three Sisters.
Lots of other hikers and mountain bikers out, popular hike.

Good trail with a nice forest setting, but waaaayyyy too many noisy mountain bikers to share the trail with.

Great quick hike. Not difficult at all, would be a great one for out of town visitors.

Loved this hike. The loop at the top is beautiful.

Nice hike - went up the west trail, down the east. Saw 4 people total on a Wednesday afternoon. Was slightly confused at first since you had to cross the street to get to the right trail, but figured it out

Awesome! Really fun with my boyfriend and dog. Absolutely amazing views! Also just really peaceful with very few people on the trail on a Thursday. But even on a day where Denver was 74 degrees, I regretted not bringing a jacket. Also the trail was very icy and slushy in some areas. We were really glad we parked at and hiked the west trail (thanks to another review here). Will do again!

A good low alpine mountain climb. Keep your head on a swivel for fast moving (sometime out of control) mountain bikers.

Muchas bicicletas

Kind of a mini-Bergen Peak. Great trail close to Denver. Home-trail-lunch-home was a little under 4 hours (probably 2 hours on the trail). Late February the trail was snowpacked (recent snowfall) with no ice. Didn't need snowshoes or traction. On a Saturday morning saw 15-20 hikers and half a dozen bikers. You're in forest most of the way, but with some scenic views at the top. We'll be going back.

Not a huge workout but nice trail and beautiful vistas

Nice easy trail that I took my dog up. Lots of shade on the trail so you don't overheat. View at the top is OK but maybe it's because I don't like hiking that much.

Fun trail with some varying landscapes. Fairly consistent elevation though nothing strenuous. This could border on easy depending on how frequently you hike. I started off in the Alderfer Ranch Parking Lot and took the West trail up to the peak. Great views at the top as you would expect. Went back down on the East trail then looped back on the Ranch View trail. Roughly 6 miles total and about 1000' of elevation change for the route I took. Took me just over 2 and a half hours. Would definitely recommend!

Up and down on the East Trail to Evergreen Mountain today, beautiful weather, easy six miles. Trail is clear - need a snow

nice hike close to Denver. Views are alright once at the top to see Mt Evans, but the actual scenic overlook only showcases some of evergreen lake and the high school below. fun hike on a cold day, only saw 2 other people on the trail on a Thursday morning/afternoon

I absolutely loved this trail! It clocked at 5.2 mi with the addition of the Summit Trail, which I highly recommend if you want great views. I parked at the Alderfer/3 Sisters West trailhead, which wasn’t quite as packed as the East trailhead (at least I was able to park in the actual parking lot!). From the parking lot, I took the Wild Iris Loop to the Evergreen Mountain West trail to the Summit loop, and took the same route back. The trail was super clear and not icy at all (apparently the Evergreen Mtn East trail was icy). There were a fair number of mountain bikers but they were respectful and there was plenty of room to move over for them to pass. The views at the top were gorgeous!! I would actually put the trails themselves at the low end of moderate because they didn’t gain in elevation quickly- there were a fair number of switchbacks. I was with my very slow low-energy dog and completed the hike in 3 hours with rest time.

Great trail with scenic views at the top. Incline the whole way but not too hard. Lots of Mtn bikers but easy to share the trail.

This trail was beautiful! Perfect mix of up and down hill throughout. Nice scenic views to stop at along the way. We took the west route in and the east route out so it added 2 miles on, but it was worth it.

Amazing. You can go off trail and climb upward into the Evergreens. It’s a relatively easy hike.

Great short hike close to Denver for someone who wants a half day outing. Trail is in good condition, no snow, but lots of mountain bikers. Pretty view from the top. Easy hike, steady incline the whole way. Dog friendly.