Evergreen Mountain Trail is a 4.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Evergreen, Colorado that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, road biking, and mountain biking and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 4.2 miles Elevation Gain: 816 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Got to the trail about 8:30. I didn’t see any bikers for the first hour of my hike but the encounters were more frequent as it got later in the morning. The parking lot was packed along with street parking when I was leaving the park around 11:30.

Good steady climb with a pleasant meadow finish. A LOT of mountain bikers but the trail was wide enough to step to the side easily. Last 2-2.5 miles had a lot of young families. Sunscreen a must.

Hiked on 5/30 before 8am. It was extremely quiet mostly bikers. Great trail and open space to practice social distancing. There was tons of shade. It is fairly rocky and I would say it’s not really kid friendly unless you carry them the whole way. I finished in 2.5hrs! Views at the top loop are amazing!

Hiked on 5/23/20. Got the the western TH a little before 8am, and got one of the last parking spots. This area has definitely been more crowded during covid, but the trails are still peaceful in the morning. Saw only a few hikers and cyclists going up, but realized how crowded it got while going down and extending the hike to other trails. That being said, everyone was very respectful- putting masks on when passing and amazingly all dogs on leash! I would recommend getting an early start if you want to hike anywhere on the weekends, especially for the front range.

Beautiful and easy trail! I’m really enjoying it!

Extremely busy. Lots of mountain bikers. This was 9 miles- not 6.7

Really fun trail. Start on evergreen East trail and head up the mountain for good views and good incline. Then head down evergreen west to three sisters and take that back to your car. Did 7.4 miles in 2.5 hours.

Nice easy walk through a forest. Good for visitors who don’t want altitude or a quick walk close to the city.

Quite of few mountain bikers but plenty of space to get out of the way. Was busy by the time we finished (around 12pm). Nice steady climb, windy at the top.

Hiked: 5/20/2020: We started just before 7am. Trial was pretty quiet the entire way. Only a few other people (mostly mountain bikers) on the trail. Nice trial with good views along the way. A few rocks to walk and roots over, but otherwise very clear.

Beautiful, easy to moderate trail - views at the top are spectacular!

Awesome hike! Very mellow and shaded the entire way. View from the top is quiet and pretty. Got here on a Sunday around 8am and it wasn’t too Crowded.

Great hike. Not strenuous at all. Beautiful views. Happy I didn’t bring my dog because lots of mountain bikers out. Happy we started early (got to trail head at 8am) for parking in lot and chose a weekday to do the hike. Trail was in good condition. Definitely worth the quick drive to evergreen from Denver.

Beautiful wooded trail. Great condition with few bikers on the day we went. Would absolutely do it again!

Up to first switchback after rocky knoll

Good trail! Not too steep of an incline, steady the entire time. It was mostly dry. Arrived on a Monday morning at 10 and there were only a few cars in the lot. Unfortunately it was misty/rainy so the view at the top wasn’t the clearest but good hike. A few mountain bikers, most people wore masks.

Beautiful!

Loved it!!!

recorded 2020-05-09 Up and Down

2020-05-09 Beautiful day, sunny, high 50. Up and down. Normal crowds, hikers and mountain bikes.

Beautiful day, nice long steady trail with lovely views, but LOTS of inconsiderate mountain bikers... thank you to those who were polite!

Beautiful trail. Great scenery. Good one to take [fit] visitors. Will absolutely do this again. Dog friendly just need to watch our for mountain bikers.

WAY too busy for my liking. So many cyclists I could enjoy the hike. Fewer people, and this would be great, however I couldn’t even finish the trail for having to make way so often it stopped being enjoyable.

Pretty crowded. Trail was in good condition. Not muddy even though it rained last night.

Awesome trail - arrived at parking at 8 am and there were not spots but we parked along the road. The earlier the better. Beautiful hike - not too steep but long inclines. Great views and the summit shoot off trail is a great place to climb rocks for lunch.

I wouldn't say its a level below moderate but it does have great views. The trail was well maintained but I would go early or during the week due to the amount of people.

Great, casual hike with beautiful views. Crowded, with people and bikes.

Good moderate trail (good gradual uphill). Bikers did okay on communications, folks need to stop smoking weed at the summit... smoke travels via wind and makes some of us ill. Milage is a lot more than what is listed on alltrails (more like 5.6 miles).

Fantastic trail. Good incline but be sure to watch for mountain bikers!

Ended up being 7.5 miles, did it just under 3 hours. Beautiful trail, started at 830 and there were only a few cars. Not too many people for most of the hike but as we got closer to the car there were quite a few bikers/hikers. Glad we started started early, the parking lots was full when we returned and cars were lining up along the road. The trail was dry and a bit rocky, but it was a perfect trail. Wide enough to walk next to someone, and the views were wonderful. Just what we needed