Eugenia Mine

Eugenia Mine is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Estes Park, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and horses and is best used from June until September. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Beautiful and thickly wooded, but I would NOT rate this as easy. Very rocky and straight up hill the whole time.

I did this hike to the mine on crutches with a torn medial meniscus in my right knee, so for me it was one of the most difficult but yet rewarding hikes I've been on. Fellow hikers were cheering me on and it was much appreciated. The view of the water cascading down the stream at the mine site was worth the 3 days of agony my palms and underarms felt. Great hike for the kids and entire family.

We had the intention of doing Estes Cone, but we were pretty new to mountain hiking and this was our second hike of the day. By the time we reached Storm Pass, we decided to do the Cone on another trip when we were fresher. What we did do was a pleasant hike with forest, meadow, mountain views, and, of course, the mine which we spent time wondering around.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

So much fun for family of 4 & 6 year old.

Sunday, September 06, 2015

Excellent hike!! Went with the whole family. Steep at the very beginning.

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Monday, May 25, 2015

Nice hike with the kids. Snow-covered past the first half mile; micro spikes would have been helpful, but it was fine with hiking shoes. Nice to see a different part of the Longs Peak trail.

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Snowshoed up today 2-15-14, had a great time started on Longs Peak and chose to take the trail less traveled had a great time.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Friday, March 30, 2012

This was a beautiful hike; we hiked in mid-August last summer and it took just a bit over two hours with plenty of down time poking around near the actual entrance to the mine.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Beautiful Hike with at least an inch of fresh snow on the ground, easy hike with some great peaks of the mountains and a little creek rite by the Mine.