Elk Meadow

Elk Meadow is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Evergreen, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good area to hike with several different trail options. Good variety with forested areas and meadow areas with good views.

Busy day on the trail. Beautiful scenery however. Run the trail clockwise from the lot if you want a ton of vert right away. It’s about 600ft gain. Run it counterclockwise if you want a slow steady incline most of the way. There was a massive amount of mountain bikers when I was there with very little trail etiquette. I imagine this place is peaceful in the early morning hours and during the week.

Easy trail with good views

Did a quick little out-and-back trail on the Meadow trail because I didn't feel like I would have time to summit Bergen Peak. Very serene walk through the trees. Lots of mountain bikers but most of them were very polite and communicative (plus, I never have a problem ducking out of the way for people), one of them even told me to have a great hike. Looking forward to coming back and summiting.

Decent hike on a nice sunny day. Nice and easy, minimal incline. Last mile or so of the hike is along the highway so does get noise pollution. Looks like a great mountain bike trail.

Really enjoyed the hike through the trees alongside the mountain. The contrast between the meadow and the mountain kept the hike interesting. Meadow part is busy but once you turn off to go up into the mountain side it’s teeters off in traffic. Traffic will go both ways and a great trail for mountain bikes so make sure you’re aware!

Great, short hike close to Denver. Elevation at the beginning and then it eases of. Keep an eye out for mountain bikes.

Pretty Hike. Brought my fiance, who is finally hiking into hiking with me. I didn't love the part of the trail next to the highway, but it turns inwards towards the mountain pretty quick. The girl couldn't let me go to the top, so I'll come back and bag that another day. Lots os people, but good hike. The dog absolutely love it, but then, she's no picky.

3/24/18 — No incredible views or big terrain, but it was a great 4.2 mile walk with the dog. Followed this trail map exactly, but opted to walk the road side first so the rest of the hike would be quiet. Almost everyone went the other way from the start. I was impressed with the mix of terrain. I felt like we hiked through three different seasons. No hiking boots required. There was a total of maybe 100’ of snow/slush on the backside, but it was easy to walk around it. I’ll be back.

I enjoy this for trail running but not so much hiking. There are many trail options but the views aren't anything to write home about. If you catch a good hour there can be hundreds of elk in the meadow

A beautiful hike with a lot of changing scenery. End is close to the highway but the rest is fantastic!

I finished this trail along with Bergen Peak Trail.

Nice trail. Good for an easy relaxing hike. Nice views.

Very quiet and easy walk with my dog. We pretty much stayed on the the Elk Meadow Trail. Will be back!

We recommend heading up the steep part first, then doubling back after halfway so you don’t have to walk along the highway at the end.

Easy for all. Beautiful.

Beautiful ride. Climbs were good. The descents were a little more technical than I would qualify as easy. I would call this an intermediate ride. Nice cultured trail with lots of tree cover for shade. Definitely worth the trip whether biking, hiking, or running. Very polite people here in Colorado. That speaks greatly to their character. Thanks for the experience!

Easy to find, wide trail. Nice loop, but because it is so easy to access / close to Evergreen Pkwy, there is also road noise.

Nice loop close to Denver. Perfect setting for walking, running or mountain biking.

Great series of trails with a mixture of grasslands, forests and rock formations. Close to Denver and well worth the visit..

10-23-10- RT Great Hike for fall day in open air/ meadow -- partial in trees. Lots of ways to go-- you'll find a map signT beginning trail.

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Great running trail!

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Beautiful views, nicely maintained trails, wonderful hollows. We saw deer. I'll go again!

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Great views, but easy trail in Colorado. Active trail with hikers, bikers, runners, and some horses.

Monday, June 19, 2017

I love running this trail! It is a beautiful area in a great environment. Everyone you pass on he trail is not only friendly but also respectful. The trail is in great shape for running, if you have weak ankles like me be careful on a few parts of the trail that are a little washed out. If you do decide to run this trail have a great time!

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

I love this hike & do it year round.

Friday, June 02, 2017

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Scenic, easy trail. Good one to bring the pups along on.

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Easy, nice hike but would be great for trail running or mountain biking

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Great, short hike! Its a great mix of forest and meadow. It's a pretty trafficked area with hikers, runners, and mountain bikers. There are lots of route options so make sure to check your map.