Elk Meadow

Elk Meadow is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Evergreen, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

3/24/18 — 3.5 stars. No incredible views or big terrain, but it was a great 4.2 mile walk with the dog. Followed this trail map exactly, but opted to walk the road side first so the rest of the hike would be quiet. Almost everyone went the other way from the start. I was impressed with the mix of terrain. I felt like we hiked through three different seasons. No hiking boots required. There was a total of maybe 100’ of snow/slush on the backside, but it was easy to walk around it. I’ll be back.

A beautiful hike with a lot of changing scenery. End is close to the highway but the rest is fantastic!

I finished this trail along with Bergen Peak Trail.

Nice trail. Good for an easy relaxing hike. Nice views.

Very quiet and easy walk with my dog. We pretty much stayed on the the Elk Meadow Trail. Will be back!

We recommend heading up the steep part first, then doubling back after halfway so you don’t have to walk along the highway at the end.

Easy for all. Beautiful.

Beautiful ride. Climbs were good. The descents were a little more technical than I would qualify as easy. I would call this an intermediate ride. Nice cultured trail with lots of tree cover for shade. Definitely worth the trip whether biking, hiking, or running. Very polite people here in Colorado. That speaks greatly to their character. Thanks for the experience!

Easy to find, wide trail. Nice loop, but because it is so easy to access / close to Evergreen Pkwy, there is also road noise.

Nice loop close to Denver. Perfect setting for walking, running or mountain biking.

Great series of trails with a mixture of grasslands, forests and rock formations. Close to Denver and well worth the visit..

10-23-10- RT Great Hike for fall day in open air/ meadow -- partial in trees. Lots of ways to go-- you'll find a map signT beginning trail.

Great running trail!

Beautiful views, nicely maintained trails, wonderful hollows. We saw deer. I'll go again!

Great views, but easy trail in Colorado. Active trail with hikers, bikers, runners, and some horses.

I love running this trail! It is a beautiful area in a great environment. Everyone you pass on he trail is not only friendly but also respectful. The trail is in great shape for running, if you have weak ankles like me be careful on a few parts of the trail that are a little washed out. If you do decide to run this trail have a great time!

I love this hike & do it year round.

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Scenic, easy trail. Good one to bring the pups along on.

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Easy, nice hike but would be great for trail running or mountain biking

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Great, short hike! Its a great mix of forest and meadow. It's a pretty trafficked area with hikers, runners, and mountain bikers. There are lots of route options so make sure to check your map.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Absolutely loved this hike! Perfect day hike loop trail. 65 and sunny with no snow in sight. I would definitely recommend referencing the all trails map on the app if you want to stay on the marked red loop trail. There are a handful of trail options and it wasn't always intuitive which way to go.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

So beautiful. Easy walk to connect with nature.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

The first mile is a good warm-up. The trail has a nice mix of shade and sunshine. I always enjoy this run. Just watch out for rocks. They'll jump up and get you!

Monday, October 10, 2016

Really quiet on the day we went, nice views of the valley and we got to see a little fall color.

Monday, September 26, 2016

Nice easy hike, was great for my 13.5 year old Australian Shepherd to get him out for a while for about 6 miles without too much incline.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

I'm excited to get familiar with these trails! I went alone and got a little lost and confused but ended up where I needed to be! Wahoo! Was fun for trail running!!

Monday, September 12, 2016

Did the long walk and ended up little over 10 miles in beautiful weather. Went all the way to Bergen Peak. Great wiev and we could see to Denver downtown and much further. Not a beginners walk!

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

I enjoyed this trail. For some reason the trail signs kept saying something like Meadowview, which is an offshoot from this trail. The signs never said I was on the right trail but thankfully I still had cell service so I was able to keep checking where I was on the map. My Garmin also said the trail was 4.0 miles and I never wandered off the trail. Just some things to keep in mind. The other reviews about the highway being loud are correct. The views overall are great. I plan to revisit this trail.

Tuesday, August 02, 2016