Eldorado Canyon Trail

Eldorado Canyon Trail is a 6.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Eldorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1938 feet

This is a bit of a steep hike. There wasn't much snow so we used micro-spikes and they were super helpful in the shady, icy patches. The views were heavenly; I felt like I was on top of the world! My dog was with us and she had a blast, too. There was hardly anyone on the trail except some crazy runners in shorts and T-shirts! Loved it!

Went today and it was absolutely gorgeous! Trail was almost completely in the sun which made it very enjoyable. Used crampons per the visitors centers recommendation and glad we did- we probably would have been fine but felt more comfortable with them. Highly recommend this trail.

Great workout and beautiful views. The most challenging part is in the beginning which I liked because it’s good to get over with. My little dog loved it. Would do again

Trail was in great shape, no ice so made for a great January hike. There is good elevation gain in the beginning, trail starts off with switchbacks. We took the dogs, good trail for them, no steep climbing. I think moderate is appropriate for this trail. Even though there is quite a bit of elevation gain in the beginning it is switchbacks where you can take fairly even paces.

Great hike on a 50+ degree January day. Took the dog and saw some beautiful views. Lots of inclines but totally worth it

It was a rewarding hike. Beautiful and well as serine. We went on a December day, not to warm. The trail offers beautiful views of distant valleys and rock formations. We could see over 50 miles of mountains and forests. It was quiet and breathe taking.

Trails are in excellent condition, but it definitely wasn't the most scenic hike.

There are sections if hard climbs due to elevation changes, but overall a moderate trail.

Great hike. Parking area was pretty muddy from old snowmelt, but trail was clear and dry. Pretty rocky trail with lots of up and down. Really nice workout, and some nice views. Very few people early, but busy by lunchtime. Agree with reviewer who recommended continuing down the Walker Ranch Connector trail (thanks!). Just over the bridge there's a nice waterfall - definitely worth the extra little bit to get there. I forgot to turn on tracking feature until well underway, so my track is incomplete - actually more like 7.5 to 8 miles round trip.

Beautiful views of the canyon, surrounding hillsides and snowy mountain peaks for most if not all of the trail. Also had a view of downtown through the canyon.
The trail offered a good mix of steeper sections (mostly at the beginning) and flatter areas as well as rocky terrain.
Note: We stopped at the lookout and did not do the extra mile downhill.

Lovely hike but definitely would call this a challenging and hard version of moderate. Hiked the flat irons the day before and was equally challenged by this! Steep climbs up and down.

Wonderful trail with a great balance of ups/downs/easy steps and rocks to scramble over. Nothing too difficult and a fantastic dog trail. Nice views.

Upon getting to the Walker Trail intersection I recommend taking a left on Walker Loop for a short hike down to the river. Cross the bridge over the river and continue about 100 feet and have a lunch break on the newly installed bench.

Love it.

Fantastic workout with all the up and down. A lot of great views to chew on

It's a nice hike. Eldorado Canyon is a great place for family.
There aren't any extraordinary views, but it is pretty the entire time. It's quite a bit of elevation in a short distance. We didn't hike down the last bit to the Walker Ranch Loop because it was basically straight down and there didn't seem to be any reason to do it when we already had the views on the top.

This is a beautiful trail! We made it about halfway, but turned back due to a storm rolling through. Before we turned around, we stopped and ate a picnic... such beautiful views! I can't wait to go back and do the whole thing

Fee to enter required