Eldorado Canyon Trail is a 7.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Eldorado Springs, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 7.5 miles Elevation Gain: 1,945 feet Route Type: Out & Back

fee

There is a $10 fee per vehicle, $4 for walk-in and $80 annual permit.

Insane views for this hike. Although I’m not much of a fan of one way trails, this one was a challenge that paid off. The incline is no joke! I went on a Friday at 11am and it wasn’t too crowded, only on the way back down towards the trailhead was where I noticed more families. Did it in 3.5 hours with a couple of pit stops at the river. Be prepared to bring lots of water and a hat!

We had a great hike! Loved that it was a lot of shade, a “forest bath”! It’s definitely a workout, shaky legs at the end but loved it! We started around 7:15 am, ran into only one person on the way up but lots of folks on the way back. Less than 50% with masks. We did go down to the water and our total time was a bit under 4 hrs. Enjoy!

Not too crowded, beautiful views.

Been wanting to do this trail for a while and it didn’t disappoint. Really pretty views but it kicked my butt coming back up from the river. Saw a snake on the trail ( wasn’t a rattlesnake thankfully ) so just keep your eye out. Also shooting my shot- there was a good looking guy hiking by himself around 230 heading out closer to the descent to the river and I was coming back by myself....should have said more and asked for your number lol hi if you’re going to leave a review hahahah

Awesome hike! Cool vistas along the way. Narrow toward the end. When you get to a big overlook there is a little trail that heads down maybe a half mile of hiking to walker ranch loop or whatever it’s called. Ice cold mountain river to dunk your head in at the end. Maybe 2 hours of hiking total. Well maintained. Look out for rattle snakes, we saw one yesterday on the Fowler trail in eldo so keep your eyes open.

Wow what a beautiful trail. Super well maintained, the views are incredible, and highly recommend checking out the falls at the end of the hike.

fee

Beautiful hike, Lots of people with dogs.

fee

Really gorgeous trail. Really nice drive in. Very demanding couple of ascents. A little sun exposure but a good bit of shade too. We got on trail around 4 and didn’t see many others after the first couple miles. We were able to make it out and back In under 4 hours, including a stop at the water. The trail was narrow at places and well maintained. The water at the halfway point was perfect for a snack. One of my favorite Colorado trails yet...definitely a leg burner, though!

Gorgeous hike. Ranger selling annual and day passes. We did the hike down to Walker Ranch loop and chilled by the river for about 30min. Started around 9:15a and back to car by 1:15p. So did 8mi at a decent pace, not too many breaks. Lovely scenery. Dry trail. Hike up from river is tough but short. Totally worth it.

Great trail with lots of uphill, lots of downhill. Beautiful scenery. Took about 3.5 hours at a decent pace. Once you get to the top, you go downhill to the rapids, then back up again.

Great views of the canyon and a moderate hike (lots of switchbacks and steep terrain at times). I would highly recommend.

Gorgeous all around. We did it in about 4 hours, and with a little more planning, could probably have continued with the other trails. Highly recommend for relatively fit people who enjoy seeing so many dogs. Be prepared to step aside, there's plenty of traffic in both directions.

Awesome trail!

Great trail- worth the final downhill to see the river at Walker Ranch. Got busy!

Busy busy busy. 1. Leash your dog 2. Stop leaving dog poop bags on the trail. I have a dog and I tie mine to the leash as we walk. 3. Already seeing masks littering the trail. Not enough room to do any type of social distancing on this trail. Got to the trailhead at 8 AM and the parking lot was packed. It is a pretty trail but only the first mile is in the State Park.

This is a really fun trail! It’s a lot of up and down and up and down! The views are glorious the whole way, except for the end, which is kind of a ravine in the middle of the Walker Ranch. But otherwise - super lovely!

fee

Gorgeous hike through the mountains with some amazing views and ending at the river in Walker Ranch

Arrived at about 11:00 AM on a Thursday and barely saw any other groups. For myself and my partner the hike back up from the river in Walker Ranch was fairly brutal since we were pretty tired by then, but overall a great hike! We are rather novice hikers so definitely look forward to coming back to this one when in better shape

Went at 7:00 AM first one on the trail on a Monday. Only saw four other groups on the way down. Loved this trail!

Lovely trail. Great views of Denver from afar. Enjoyed seeing the trains go by across the canyon. Trail condition was perfect.

Gorgeous trail, spectacular views. START EARLY to avoid crowds; it was mobbed by early afternoon. If you go left and over the bridge at the turnaround point you can enjoy a well-earned rest beside beautiful falls - more like 8 miles w this extension. The ascents are no joke, but if my 9 yo can do it so can you! Bathrooms at trail head are OPEN.

Fantastic day. No snow.

Didn’t make it all the way, but we still saw a lot of beautiful lookouts. Switchbacks to start which is well maintained. Only a portion is in the state park.

Beautiful hike yesterday! Lost my phone on the trail though. If anyone finds please email me at cbr.rr72@gmail.com. Thanks!

Great hike with lots of vertical gain. Hiked down to the stream which was spectacular! Did not find the waterfall. Hiked back up the hill and fully enjoyed the beauty of this state park!