Edna Mae Bennet Nature Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(167)
Palmer Park

Edna Mae Bennet Nature Trail is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.3 miles Elevation Gain: 301 feet Route Type: Loop

cave

Got there at 8:30 in the morning on a Sunday. Was the first car in the lot hardly any people. Finished by 10:30 parking lot was full but trails still not bad. Got off trail a couple of times but not too bad. Would recommend for a nice leisurely hike.

Great trail. Not too crowded. Hard to follow at times due to poor signage

Started this hike at 10:30 AM on a Sunday, not too many people but definitely was very crowded by the end around 12:30 PM. I ended up doing about 5 miles as I parked a little bit further away from the starting spot but it was a great hike with a nice breeze lots of sunshine and some shade along the way, highly recommend

Always love this trail. Good shade and views.

icy

Went after a snow a few days ago so maybe that’s why the trail was so bad but it got extremely icy at times and I don’t think my boots have ever been weighed down with so much mud in others. Great city park, don’t go after weather.

Awesome!

icy

Nice quick hike on an unusually warm Saturday in early March. A couple icy spots but we navigated ok without putting on our yak tracks. Amazing views. Not too crowded. Cool rocks in some sections.

icy

A bit icy in parts, definitely dress accordingly. It’s a really cool find in the heart of The Springs though and in some parts enjoyably challenging without being overly burdensome. Gorgeous views from the top as well

Nice short hike with places to explore near the top.

Good trail. I’d say 3.5. The sign at the beginning rates it as black diamond. I liked the caves off to the side of the trail. And the city views. I was glad to have this app otherwise it’s easy to go off trail. My little dog enjoyed it too.

I didn't really follow this trail.

Not a beginner trail for mountain biking! Hiking, yes.

This was not my favorite. I had two dogs with me so perhaps I would like it better if they were not along. The trail is very narrow. I am so thankful I did not have to pass anyone. Not sure how I would of managed it. Does have some pretty views and decent hike up and down. Large rocks and gravel to deal with. Some shade and some sunshine.

Thu May 30 2019

felt great

Mon May 06 2019

Tue Apr 02 2019

This is not a trail to go running on. Very uneven from horseback riders , narrow trails, and lots of mountain bikers trying to get by.

Thu Feb 28 2019

Lot of fun. We took forever because I have toddlers. But they did really well on the trail. Stopped and turned around when one sat on a cactus. We’ll be back.

Sun Feb 24 2019

Palmer Park

Sat Sep 22 2018

This hike was actually pretty fun. Go far enough and you’ll get some really nice scenery and some great pictures. If you want, you can even get a bit of very low level climbing done as well!