Edna Mae Bennet Nature Trail

Edna Mae Bennet Nature Trail is a 2.5 mile loop trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Great trail right in the heart of Colorado Springs!

I've written a blog post about this hike @ www.break-trail.com
If you'd like to read it, follow this link: https://goo.gl/oFhGnJ

Nice up and down trail but like several folks said, not well marked. We parked near bathrooms off of Paseo Road and there's a trail entrance with a little bitty sign that says Edna Mae Bennett Trail on it. The actual Edna Mae trail is only a 1.5 mile loop...the map for this trail on this app adds in another mile along the Templeton Trail...which doesn't make a loop. We hiked along the ridge and it's a one way that leads you to a parking lot and then we came back and met up with the Edna Mae again. Some trail placards are missing from some of the posts, FYI. It really is a pretty little trail and for those not in the best shape, the hardest part is the first part when you are going uphill. Then it evens out and the views are wonderful!

Starts off easy enough to follow. Then the signs on the posts are missing. I ended up crossing trails and ended up quickly in the Yucca flats. So I took the Templeton Trail from there. Then took the Point of Rocks Trail for a bit of a workout and came down the North Canyon Trail back to home base. Made my own loop!

Really nice and easy, nice views of pikes and the city. Cool rock formations. Some people with dogs off leash, but not too many. Nice for a quick 45 minute jaunt.

I am not experienced for one but this is not easy at all .. the most part is difficult to climb and then very steep at points! stay aware at all times. I did feel great about it when I accomplished such a hike! I will do it again but not so soon!!

Nice easy loop with just a bit of uphill and some rocks.