East Inlet Trail to Lone Pine Lake

East Inlet Trail to Lone Pine Lake is a 10.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Grand Lake, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January. Horses are also able to use this trail.

1955 feet

fly fishing

Directions from Grand Lake: Follow the road that leads to the east side of the lake, past the West Portal, to the East Inlet Trailhead.

The view is spectacular from the trailhead to the lake, the higher trail the more difficult though. I'd rate it from moderate to hard as one is approaching Lone Pine Lake. The higher we went the less people we encountered. We made it all the way to edge of Lake Verna before rain poured down. Encountered a family of moose when we were coming down and no one was around. Finished the round trip by dusk. Awesome for those who love to adventure up in the mountains.

Just hiked this trail on Sunday. It was harder tan I thought but worth it

My wife and I hiked this on a gorgeous autumn day with the aspen's at their peak gold.

an incredible but strenuous hike ! make sure to bring lots of snacks. a sandwich and some water. you can fill up your water in the river for it is sparkling and clean! (( tried and tested, im still alive and feeling good)) absolutely amazing hike with multiple different patterns of weather that made the hike that much better !!! never heard thunder like i did on this trail, truly remarkable!

Hiked to the lake this morning (8.5.17). It took me a little over 3 hours. I got to the trailhead at 5:30 am and there's only one other car there. The hike up was very peaceful. The last 2 miles were definitely harder than I thought they would be. My legs were killing me! On the way back down, definitely saw lots more people and the tranquility from the early morning was shattered! Saw lots of elk, no moose. My only complaint was the excessive amount of horse poop on the trail, some of it pretty fresh. Watch your step! Overall a great hike and I'd love to do it again.

Only hiked 3 miles due to unpreparedness and an afternoon thunderstorm. The trail is great. Very well maintained by the NPS. Elevation changes are mild. The views are great!

Hiked two thirds of this trail, till past the second meadow. We started early at 7:15am which meant we saw no one else for 2 hours. Very beautiful in the early morning. Saw a moose cow with 2 calves at the first meadow. Excellent trail. There was a group of fallen trees across the path which were easy to bypass. There were only very few mosquitoes.