East Inlet Trail to Lake Verna

East Inlet Trail to Lake Verna is a 13.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Allenspark, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Horses are also able to use this trail.

fly fishing

Trail is snow free. The hike was gorgeous and we only saw a few other hikers on the trail.

great out and back backpacking trip. Views aplenty from both the valley floor and up the canyon. Saw elk, moose, tons of birds. easy to drop your pack at any of the great sites and continue up to higher lakes - lone pine, Verna, spirit,... Couldn't make it much past Verna, where the trail ends, due to persistent Mid-June snow cover, would've loved to. Also good to get away from the tourist hordes, at least once you're beyond Adams Falls. enjoy!

Amazing hike. Spent two late September nights camping at Lake Verna. After setting up a base camp at Lake Verna, we hiked to three additional lakes (Spirit Lake, Forth Lake and Fifth Lake) fishing, and catching fish, at each location. We encountered a huge bull moose at dusk near Spirit Lake while hiking back to our base camp at Lake Verna. Tremendous views and lots of wildlife.

In/out...hiked it in October, leaves were amazing and very few people out on the trail

Great hike! I went all the way to Lake Verna and back in one shot and my knee hated me for it. Hiking in the beginning of summer makes for a raging East Inlet. On the return hike I saw a moose and 4 mule deer not far from the trail. My only complaint is that I didn't camp somewhere out there, there are plenty of great spots to do so.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

This trail is definitely worth your time. We spent two nights in the trail, one at Lower East Inlet and one at Slickrock, which were both outstanding sites. The view from Slickrock was amazing. I would definitely do this trip again!

Saturday, June 27, 2015

I didn't get to hike it because I brought my dogs. This app indicated docs were allowed so beware. Bummer as it looks like a good one.

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Did this in 2012 and it was outstanding. Caught a lot of fish at Lake Verna. Camped up there as well. On the way down a Moose and her little one held us up on the trail.

Wednesday, September 05, 2012

tough hike, great views, you're almost sure to see some wildlife if you leave early. Use hiking sticks; they make it easier on your joints and muscles as the trail is quite rocky and steep at places. Worst case they are also the last line of defense against bears :) I didn't see any, but some droppings along the trail. Saw deer and foxes though.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Just did this hike in mid July. It's pretty tough for an out and back hike. Nice scenery along the way. Saw three bull moose in the meadow and a female moose with a baby just before Lake Verna.