East Inlet Trail to Lake Verna

East Inlet Trail to Lake Verna is a 13.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Allenspark, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September. Horses are also able to use this trail.

fly fishing

After 51/2 hours of hiking from the trailhead (we did stop for pics a video several times) my wife and I made it to the edge of the lake, extremely peaceful and no "humans" nearby at all, just nature! Never thought lakes existed that high. I'm glad my wife and I pushed each other to make it there once we passed Lone Pine Lake. Treacherous trails around the edge of the rocks, but then the trail got better to the lake, very challenging but rewarding! Unfortunately a cold rain poured on us and had to head back to the trailhead head. Saw two cow moose and their calfs on our way back as the sun was setting. Total of 9 1/2 hours round trip. The last half hour of our hiking we finished it in the dark. Loved the entire adventure. Take lots of water and snacks and the proper attire and shoes if planning a round trip.

It is so beautiful trail, we spend 3 days on it.

Trail is snow free. The hike was gorgeous and we only saw a few other hikers on the trail.

great out and back backpacking trip. Views aplenty from both the valley floor and up the canyon. Saw elk, moose, tons of birds. easy to drop your pack at any of the great sites and continue up to higher lakes - lone pine, Verna, spirit,... Couldn't make it much past Verna, where the trail ends, due to persistent Mid-June snow cover, would've loved to. Also good to get away from the tourist hordes, at least once you're beyond Adams Falls. enjoy!

Amazing hike. Spent two late September nights camping at Lake Verna. After setting up a base camp at Lake Verna, we hiked to three additional lakes (Spirit Lake, Forth Lake and Fifth Lake) fishing, and catching fish, at each location. We encountered a huge bull moose at dusk near Spirit Lake while hiking back to our base camp at Lake Verna. Tremendous views and lots of wildlife.

In/out...hiked it in October, leaves were amazing and very few people out on the trail

Sunday, July 03, 2016

Great hike! I went all the way to Lake Verna and back in one shot and my knee hated me for it. Hiking in the beginning of summer makes for a raging East Inlet. On the return hike I saw a moose and 4 mule deer not far from the trail. My only complaint is that I didn't camp somewhere out there, there are plenty of great spots to do so.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

This trail is definitely worth your time. We spent two nights in the trail, one at Lower East Inlet and one at Slickrock, which were both outstanding sites. The view from Slickrock was amazing. I would definitely do this trip again!

Saturday, June 27, 2015

I didn't get to hike it because I brought my dogs. This app indicated docs were allowed so beware. Bummer as it looks like a good one.

Saturday, December 13, 2014