East Inlet Trail to Adams Falls and Campsite [CLOSED]

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(57)
Rocky Mountain National Park

East Inlet Trail to Adams Falls and Campsite is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Grand Lake, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 4.9 miles Elevation Gain: 459 feet Route Type: Out & Back

closed

It has been reported this trail has a temporary closure due to COVID-19. Please see the park's website for up to date information.

nice day. wet snow

We used snow shoes but you would probably be fine with just spikes. Got to trail at 9am and no other cars. Had Trail to ourselves until noon

This was our first hike together in Colorado and it was such a great hike. We got to the trailhead at 6:55 and didn’t realize the park doesn’t technically open till 8am, but the ranger didn’t ticket us. We only made it about 3.5 miles up due to the really cold weather, but even that was spectacular. Found a great view to stop and get out a thermos of hot coffee to enjoy the view. Didn’t see another person on the trail till it got warmer on our walk back down and then it got a bit busy. But, overall, the views were spectacular.

I’ve grown up on this trail - one might even say this somewhat literally. I was conceived at these falls. So, perhaps this explains my lifelong quest to be one with the mountains and the rushing falls. It’s a fun trail w places to splash midway. Take your lunch. (And bring some lube. Hehe)

Nice easy trail with the family. the meadow was the highlight by far.

We didn't make it all the way to the falls, maybe 1.5 miles back, but the meadow with the stream running through was amazing!

Very nice hike for the family! Not a lot of traffic and there’s plenty of stops along the trail for kids to rest and take in the amazing views around them!

I was in the area and decided to do a quick hike. I only hiked in about 2 miles, but it was well worth the hike. I wish I would have had more time.

Mon May 06 2019

We are here on early May and almost all trails in RMNP are still covered with heavy snow and not reachable without snow boots. This trail did provide a outlet for us. There were falls, meadows and mountains cover with snow beyond your sight. Most part of the trail are shaded. At this point the snow are melting, the trail itslef is muddy at some points, and there are plenty of small water stream you have to step across. Overall, it gives us a good first impression of RMNP

Sun Dec 23 2018

Took our kids, 10 & 17, & they both also enjoyed this hike. Has spots where there’s some inclines you’ll need to rest from a bit & be sure to bring water and maybe a snack. The views keep getting better the farther you go. We went on a Friday and saw two other people. The trail was walked enough that we were fine in hiking boots but if you’re wearing sneakers you may need snow shoes.

Sun Jul 29 2018

We walked this trail to the meadow past the falls with 6 kids ages 9 and 10 years plus a one year old in a backpack. It had some areas of pretty steep climbing but the trail is very well maintained and terraced into steps making it easier. The trail is wooded, but with so many dead trees, it was not as shady as I had anticipated. Overall a good hike, but it was pretty crowded, which is always a bit of a bummer if you ask me.

Mon Jun 04 2018

Amazing rock formations and views of the waterways leading to grand lake.