East Canyon Preservation Trail

East Canyon Preservation Trail is a 4.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Franktown, Colorado that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

I've been using Alltrails for years to find good trails, but tonight marks my first review! My husband and I hiked East Canyon Preservation Trail last Friday and came across two snakes back to back. Thus, fear has motivated me to leave a review :) Once you cross over Cherry Creek, you'll notice snake holes all over the place, so be careful!! I got a pic of the second snake we saw, but not the first. It slithered under a rock.

Despite the snakes, I give this trail a 4, because we loved it. We saw rabbits, pikas, snakes, lizzards and a random crawdad. In other parts of the park, we saw hummingbirds and wild turkey. Overall this place is awesome.

This trail isn't too strenuous, but it covers a lot of different terrain. A lot of little critters skitter around on the rocks and in the grasses. Vultures circle overhead. Only saw two other hikers and a ranger on the whole path. It was a great hike. Trail head was near the park visitor center.

Amazing - a bit of everything, flat, rocky, wet .... trees, creeks and meadows

Do this hike often, always take family and friends here when they come to visit. great hike with the pups too.

Love this hike. This park is one of the best kept secrets in Colorado. Come for the hikes, stay for the sunset!

While everyone and their dogs are slogging through the canyon this trail is nearly empty. It's perfect if you're looking for solitude.