East Beckwith Mountain Summit Trail

East Beckwith Mountain Summit Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Somerset, Colorado that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

This hike is tough! The views are awesome but 2+ miles of rock field is exhausting. Also the trail is non-existent even outside of the rock fields. I would recommend just going around lost lake and then up a bit part way through the fields - the whole way is not quite worth it, in my opinion!

Lots of snow still up high, and lots of talus/scree hopping. Some of this gets loose, steep and sketchy on the route I chose. Up high, I followed a previous hikers AllTrails gps map, but had to deviate due to snow. My route only got to the ridge that you would scramble up to get to the summit. It was getting late in the day, I was alone, and a little scared of the loose talus ridge climb, so I bailed, to return another day!