Learn more

Eagle's View Trail Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(1218)
Reynolds Ranch County Park

Eagle's View Trail Loop is a 4.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Conifer, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.2 miles Elevation Gain: 1,082 feet Route Type: Loop

Please note: This is a hiker-only (no bikes) trail.

I’m not a super experienced hiker so this one was a challenge but I did it! I went clockwise and the climb up was relatively steep but not impossible. About 2 miles of a tough trek but the downhill was the hardest for me. Wish I had my hiking poles. Overall, challenging, beautiful and much cooler than Denver.

Nice easy hike w/ stunning views. The trails are well maintained. About 90% of people out were wearing masks, and ones not were apologizing. Highly recommend for avid hikers, and families with children. Also it was almost 20 degrees cooler than Denver.

Arrived at 7am on Monday and there was only 1 other car in the lot. About half full by 9:30. Bugs were pretty vicious, especially at the top. Lots of deer on the trail.

Fun hike! Did counterclockwise- pretty dead on with the AllTrails elevation progression. First 1.5 mi is a workout and continuously up- but not like a rock scramble. Was a nice dirt path with patches of shade and pretty views about 2 mi in.

Started the hike around 9:30am and went counter clockwise got it done in 2 hours. Next time we are going to go clockwise as the terrain seemed better for an upwards hike. The views just kept getting better! Great workout; but dogs, children, and grandparents can do it too (we saw a few on the way).

Counterclockwise. I hiked the first 1.5 - 2 miles with my mouth open and sucking air. Pretty tough. The really awesome views are about 2 - 2.5 miles into the hike. It will be obvious. I arrived around 7 am. About 4 vehicles in the parking lot. Around 8:30 am I could tell it was starting to get busy. That's when I regularly started passing people. In the end, I really liked the hike. Worth it.

Great quick hike with 95% smooth trail. Perfect amount of vertical at the beginning regardless of route. Decent views at top. Went on a holiday Friday (in lieu of 4th holiday Sat). Was close to empty in afternoon when I arrived. Runners are more than adequate for this hike.

Incline to start, but flattens out at various times for a relieve of leg muscles. Coming back down is slick due to the dry dirt so be sure to use your glutes so you don’t hurt your knees too much. Gorgeous views throughout!

Great hike! We got a really late start and didn’t get to the trailhead until noon. Half the lot was full, but barely saw anyone on the trail. The few people we did see either put on masks or stepped to the side - plenty of room in most spots. The beginning is pretty steep, but not overly challenging. The views are awesome and the trail through the forest is relaxing.

Parking lot full by 8:45 am. Hiked with a couple friends, and it’s a decent 5 mile RT exercise or get out of the house hike. I’ve read comments that it can be steep for some; however, I’d say at most it’s on the harder side of easy. The gain is about 825’ ~ mile- not much for Colorado. Trails can be narrow. A couple spots where sticks might be useful for some. Plenty of dogs on leash. Some horses. Trails are well maintained.

We went counterclockwise (fox trot to elkhorn to raven's roost to eagle's view to oxendraw to owl prowl). First half felt like it was entirely uphill with very few short stretches that leveled off and mostly unshaded - really kicked our butt. Second half was the descent from the viewpoint. View was pretty good. Wasn't overly busy at 9am on July 3rd. COVID: I'd say about 3/4 of people had masks and were kind enough to throw them on before passing others.

The beginning burns your lungs. but awesome walk for a great view.

Overall a pleasant hike with smooth trails, plenty of shade, and a great view of Pike’s Peak around the halfway point. Arrived at 8:15 on a Sunday. Parking lot almost full, bathrooms open and clean, moderately busy narrow trail. For maximum shade, hike clockwise and take Oxen Draw Trail on the return.

Nice trial, quite the incline clockwise paths are small wasn’t very overly busy but did see maybe 30 other hikers along the way

A lot of incline but a good hike overall!

I am a big fan of this trail. It's pretty challenging because it does go uphill, ascending over 1000 ft for the whole first half of the hike. But it's fairly well shaded, everyone we saw today was nice. We arrived around 9AM and the parking lot was only about 3/4 full, even when we left around 11AM it still wasn't packed. You do see people on the way and the trail itself is fairly narrow. I would suggest going clockwise because it is much easier than counterclockwise, that's the way we went down. You'll reach the view and it's really awesome. Lots of wildflowers on the way, just a good hike in general I would say. There are trash cans (so take out your garbage!) and restrooms at the trailhead.

Clear trail. Thanks to everyone who said to go clockwise! Started at 4 pm. Practically empty parking lot. Light rain to begin. Made for great views and weather.

My wife, dog, and I did this hike last weekend, going clockwise. I really enjoyed getting to the top. We saw some wildflowers, streams, birds, and a couple deer. The way down is a bit harsh on the knees, reminding me of my adventures at the Grand Canyon. If you want more exercise and less wear and tear on the old bones, I'd go counterclockwise. In the future I'd probably just go up clockwise and turn around and go back the direction I came. We arrived by 730am Saturday and the parking lot was full by 930 when we left. Unfortunately, people parked in the horse parking/trailer area, so some horses didn't get to have fun with the humans. Why can't people follow the rules? Oh, never mind.

Beautiful trail .... confusing in the beginning. Take Oxen Draw VS Elkhorn on the way up

Great trail and amazing views at the top! Got there at 8:30 on a Tuesday and only a few other cars in parking lot. Started to be more busy when I came back down at 11. Good for dogs if you go early(trail isn’t very wide so could pose a problem if having to pass a lot of people)! The incline is tough but you feel good after.

It was a pretty good trail. Lots of shade and beautiful greens. Good views. Pretty steep in some places but not too bad.

Great views at the top, plenty of shade for dogs. The incline up to Eagles View is challenging but very doable. Lovely wooded areas along the trails too. On a Thursday arriving at 8:15 am, there was plenty of open parking available.

recorded Eagle's View Trail Loop

This was my second time hiking this trail and I loved it once again. I prefer the counterclockwise way since it’s more of a challenge but clockwise is good for families or people who want an easier ascent up the mountain.

We enjoyed this hike! We went counterclockwise and the trail has a consistent climb right away. Pretty much all the elevation in the first 1.5 miles. I’d probably go clockwise next time. There was a flat area up top where we let our 1y/o walk around. Some nice views, under an hour from Denver, and not overly difficult. I’d recommend.

Great hike, with amazing view from the top. Nice inclination on the way up.

Great hike! Tough on the way up. We went counter-clockwise.

Nice little workout on the way up. There is a good sunny viewpoint looking off toward picked peak and a lot of shady parts to the trail as well. Pretty busy on the weekend.

I intended to go clockwise, but ended up going counterclockwise on accident. Note: go RIGHT from the parking lot if you’d like to go clockwise. The beginning was very challenging for me and would have been a lot easier from the other direction (another note: this hike climbs over 1,000 feet in elevation). Moreover, I got kind of bored because there were no views for me for the last 2 miles. The views were definitely beautiful, and on a chilly Friday morning in June, it wasn’t crowded at all. Would recommend if you’d like a decently long hike less than an hour from the city. It was really peaceful and had lots of birds chirping! There are bathrooms in the parking lot which is always nice.

Great trail for people in good shape though