Eagle's View Trail Loop

Eagle's View Trail Loop is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Conifer, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Wonderful trail. Not too crowded, saw about 7 groups of people, went Sunday afternoon 1/20. A little muddy/slushy at beginning but then mostly snow packed. Used yak tracks and they helped. Some parts very sunny and warm, but gets cold once down near the forest floor. Great views around mile 2.5! Will definitely be back in the summer.

A wonderful hike with amazing views. Hardly anyone was on the trail! Nice, balanced trail!

Quite a few people out today - 55° and sunny! Trail had some snow covered sections but did not require spikes. Great views at the top. We went counter-clockwise on the loop and took the Oxen trail back to the parking lot.

Beautiful hike! Did this about 2 weeks ago. The first 1/3 of the hike is all packed down snow, minimal ice, and then turns to dirt but that may have changed in the past 2 weeks. When you get to the top you have a solid 10 minutes of endless views of mountains with 0 civilization in site. 0-no service which I was a-ok with. You have to take two of the other trails to get to the loop. Very beautiful hike and great with my 5 month puppy!

My wife and I did this December 30th on my 65th birthday. Read Keeley Dowell review it was spot on. No need for spikes, several packed snow places EASILY traversed.. We also took Oxen Draw clockwise and it was quite beautiful. Conditions couldn't be any better very enjoyable BEAUTIFUL hike. We will definitely do this one again.

Went for my first time this afternoon... beautiful well marked trails. No service for most of the trail but no complaints from me on that. Views at the top were absolutely beautiful. I took Oxen trail to Eagle View clockwise and it made the journey up a bit easier. Pretty steep coming down though. Will visit again!

Did this on Christmas Day. Temps were warm and trail was in good condition. Nice parking lot and clean vault toilets. I’ve driven by this many times - always busy on the weekends. Nice view at top.

Snow and ice in some spots, 10 to 20 feet at a time with 90% of the trail clear. Did not use our micro spikes today but had to walk carefully in a few places. Watch for slick ice covered with a dusting of dirt.

Did on Christmas so not busy at all. Decent and fun especially for being close to Denver when you need less of a drive. Top of the loop had great scenes. Clocked 4.4 miles and at a slower pace did in a few hours. Didn’t need spikes though few areas had snow pack and that was enough to get traction. Lots of sun so did shed layers was about 40 out when did.

definitely need spikes, thin layer of snow/ice over substantial part of trail, anywhere that is mostly shaded.

Trail wasn’t difficult i would consider it more of a tough walk than a hike. I enjoyed the view at the top and the weather was perfect. The train was a mix of dry dirt and slippery snow. This is a good trail to just get outside and walk! I didn’t run into one person and I went around mid day.

Great views at the top of pikes peak. Well marked trail.

Beautiful views, well marked

Loved this area. Lots of great views, nice climb to get you heart going. Saw four mike deer at the end, very close to the TH

Go clockwise because the incline is shaded, whereas the incline in counter clockwise has little cover

My favorite hike within an hour of Denver so far. Good workout on the way up and amazing, rewarding views at the top. Easy to get to and not too crowded.

Arrived today at 9:00am, only one car in the parking lot. Greeted by a deer at the trailhead. Didn't see any on the rest of the trail. The first half is a pretty steep climb then you get to a gorgeous view of cedars and aspens before you make your way back down. I was greeted by two horses on the way down so it's mixed use.

Not crowded on a sunday afternoon. We started the trail at this start point on all trails map, took elkhorn trail to oxen, did the eagles view loop, then elkhorn all the way back. it totaled at 6 miles. It was beautiful and peaceful. very view people. Last sept. weekend, there were some aspen and scrub oak changing colors. the top area is great for having a mid hike picnic.

Great hike. Went alone on a Saturday morning. Couple people along the way but nothing of a nuisance. I did the trail counterclockwise and it was not terrible that way. I’m still an amateur and not used to the elevation so it took me a bit longer. Did it in 1h42m. The view at the top is amazing. I’d definitely do this one again.

Great hike. Nice view.
Not very busy for a Sunday.
I hiked along with my 12 year old daughter she loved it.

Beautiful views, aspens are just starting to turn!

Beautiful Trail with a fantastic view at the top. Would definitely do this one again!

Nice hike with a decent climb to the top which has a great vista. Walk though the wooded area was peaceful and cool. Easy to get to from 470 using 285 S. Well marked. All Trails worked great.

Nice loop trail with plenty of open space and good views. Good climb if you do it counter clockwise but the view is worth it.

If you choose to do the full loop, go clockwise.

Amazing views at the top! You can see all the way to pikes peak. I don’t suggest going up via eagles/ravens side. It’s super steep and not well shaded. The oxen trail is a much better way up.

Great day hike. Not technical at all, easy trail to walk. Lots of vertical up and down, almost no flat except at the top. Great scenic view at the look out.

Great hike with lots of parking, restrooms, and a variety of inclines and beautiful views. Highly recommended. Not too far from Denver and great for late morning hikes. Dead horse is just remnants, not smelly at all but sort of creepy.

Awesome place with amazing views. We ran into a black bear on the first 1/4 mile of the hike. Poor guy must’ve been lost, Park rangers said we were the third sighting (one was on the road) . We went early afternoon and there wasn’t a crazy amount of people. Apparently the park rangers just cleaned up a dead horse but the smell is still there. Overall a good find and great hike. ( I had my 7 month old puppy with me too)

This instantly became my favorite local hike when I came over the hill & saw the view at the end.. fantastic, so many layers of mountains, so peaceful (I went at 6pm on a Sunday and I saw no one the entire time). The first mile is no joke though, very steep, otherwise easy.

Next time I'll make this an out-and-back rather than a loop by taking the left fork to the overlook & then turning around, that's where all the scenery is.

The hike was amazing and we were not bothered by nor saw the deceased horse. The sights were spectacular. Hike was not tough at all! A bit step at parts. Otherwise I would recommend for for children. We saw a few and they had no problems whatsoever.