Eagle's View Trail Loop

Eagle's View Trail Loop is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Conifer, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

What a VIEW! Breathtaking. The hike was steep going up via Ravens but beautiful... and we sat and took in that view for a while.

Beautiful trail!! will add to my favorites.

Saw hummingbird s

A friend and I started at 7am on Sunday. We stayed right on this trail and came down though the trees as the day warmed up. The horse was not stinky at all when we were right by it, but down wind/down trail about 5 steps....whoaaaaaNellie....holy stank!!!! Definitely still hold your breath as you pass it. Great hike otherwise :)

This was pretty but we couldn’t finish the loop because we ran out of water. No water source for the dogs. Made it to one of the breaks in trees to see a view. Will definitely go back to finish. When it’s not so hot! Dead horse doesn’t smell so bad anymore. Sad to see though.

First time on this trail today. Took my 3 year old daughter & labradoodle today. We started on the Oxen trail & onto Eagle View trail. After weighing our options after reading all the Dead Horse signs, we decided to go for it. We passed the dead horse which is off the trail & somewhat covered up in the ditch to the right of the trail. We scurried by & didn’t smell a thing. Steady incline on way up. Lovely bits of shade & sun on a mostly dirt & sand trail. There are areas of rock but not overwhelmingly.

The views at the top are beautiful. It’s a bit steep on the way down. I was giving my daughter a ride on my shoulders most of the hike - up & down- so I was a bit nervous on way down.

We saw lots of wildflowers & butterflies! Even saw a deer in the wooded portion. We’ll be back!

Great after work hike. Pretty steep in the beginning if you take a right where the loop starts, but a good workout. incredible views once you get a little bit further than the halfway point. I went solo and there is no service so it’s the perfect way to escape and unplug for a couple of hours. I saw a few other people but generally light traffic for a weekday afternoon.

Saw a bear!

Nice hike, good workout and great views. We did this on a Wednesday night and only saw two other folks- great weeknight escape from the city heat. There was an advisory sign still posted for the horse but if you follow the route outlined on this site you wont pass it. Elkhorn to Ravens to Eagles View at the top and then it loops you back to Ravens to head down.

Great hike- steep climb at the beginning and beautiful views at the top. The horse is covered now so walk quickly and you’ll pass it just fine. We encountered lots of aggressive horseflies

Hiked Ravens to Eagle to Ox, the initial rise during ravens was steep, but the trail was wide and clear. The view from Eagle was worth it. The descent offered a more decent view and a heavily forested trail in Ox. The loop can be completed for all ages and levels. All in all a good hike for a couple hours in the woods.

Great hike this morning. Stayed right out of the parking lot to avoid the dead horse on Oxen. First section is challenging but levels out at about halfway and it’s just an awesome trail. Just enough to get a good workout in!

Eagles View> Ravens Roost

Wonderful hike. Previous reviewers spot on to keep to the left, with the exception of the second “turn” we made we took every left we could the only right was from songbird to elkhorn in the very beginning.

From the trailhead we took the second left path which I believe was songbird which led us to a crossroads where we stayed to the right onto elkhorn. We the took the second sign for oxen draw and stayed to the left and took every left thereafter (to connect to eagles view and to ravens roost and back to elkhorn). Note to those hiking in the next days, BEWARE on the oxen draw portion there was a dead horse to the right side of the path which we smelled long before we saw. I’ve contacted Jeffco, but had to leave a message so unlikely to be cleaned soon.

Otherwise, the views were pretty (a little smokey in the distance but I can imagine that’s the result of the fires). We saw a ton of butterflies and heard cicadas throughout. Note there are big black (horse?) flies along a good portion of the trail. We go to the trailhead and were the third car there but by the time we finished two hours later the lot was mostly full.

Great trail! Huge Parking lot. Not too many cars parked for a Wednesday June 13th. There was a posting that there was a deceased horse on the trail. A volunteer told us that it was more than likely a "fresh kill" so we stay away for the Oxen trail and took the steep incline trail to eagles view. Great views looking South and only 35-40 minutes away from Denver.

Love this hike. Not far from the city, but far enough. Beautiful views at top. Love the area.

I was very impressed with this trail. it was a well kept area and all trails were clearly marked. Eagles View is a great scene!

Loved this hike, the first half is quite a workout. There is a definite reward at the top with those gorgeous panoramic views. the trails were really nice and easily marked and if you go early enough, you'll have hardly any traffic on the trail.

Great hike that’s not too far from Denver! We started about 8:45 am on Saturday June 2 and the parking lot was starting to fill up. It got busier on our way down around 10:30. It took about 2 hours round trip with some short breaks. The view was beautiful from the top and there are tons of wildflowers all different colors. We went on Raven Roost trail counter clockwise and it starts off really steep with a wider path. The way down on Oxen Draw is in the Forest more with shade and lots of creeks cutting through.

Great trail with amazing views at the top. Different than your typical mountain or city view. We went right on the way up and it’s definitely harder. Decent incline which goes up for almost 1.5 miles of not more.

This is a great trail for a quick hike near Denver. I’m surprised it wasn’t busy during the Memorial Day holiday. If you hike counter clockwise (instead of hiking up ocean trail near the start), it will be a step climb for the first mile without much shade. Had I known that, especially hiking with my dog, I would have gone clockwise. We used the oxen trail coming back down to stay in the shade and let the dog drink and play in the small creek crossings. You could take raven’s roost, but it’s about the same mileage, so why not be in the shade more?

Bathrooms were clean. Several dogs on the trail (leash required). Lots of parking.

Great hike

I think I found a new go-to. Really enjoyed this hike. Took ravens roost to eagles view and down eagles view to ravens roost. Challenging in the beginning. Great leg and butt workout especially when you are carrying a 15lb dog hahaa. Great views along the way up and top.

Nice short hike not far from Denver. Steady climb the first two miles with some nice views at about 2.5 miles. Mostly forest with a few stream crossings. Saw other hikers but surprisingly not too crowded for a beautiful Mother's Day Sunday.

No enterance fee to the park. Bathroom at the trail head (very clean). Trail is very steep going up. Very pretty hike, very woodsy. No ice, no snow, no mudd. Once you reach the top you have full view of what I consider a Bob Ross painting of happy little trees

So good. Guaranteed tired & happy dogs. Bring lots of water, but great little water spots for the pups.

Beautiful clean trails . Good for dogs! Amazing view at the top . Will bring my hammock to chill at the top next time . All the people I encountered were super nice too.

Group hike on Friday morning was really good. Snow and slush on shaded parts of trail but not bad. Views from top were great! Saw a group of deer. Will definitely go again during summer.

Great trail with a really good view from the top. Fairly easy hike, decent climb in the beginning. Still a little snow on the trail but normal hiking shoes no problem.

Great exercise and gorgeous views once you get to the “eagles view” lookout. Awesome, well marked path though I would recommend keeping a map on you to navigate— easy to do with the map they provide at the trailhead. Steady, significant incline for first half— great workout! No traction issues and no snow. Easy to get to using directions from alltrails. I highly recommend!

Great trail when you’re looking to get a quick hike in. Has its steep parts but its totally manageable and the views are very nice!