Eagle's View Trail Loop

Eagle's View Trail Loop is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Conifer, Colorado that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We hiked this today (mid January) with our kids, ages 7 and 4 and it was fantastic. The first third of the hike is mostly uphill so we took frequent breaks and took our time, and it ended up taking about 3 hours (that’s including a 30 min picnic for lunch). Highly recommend this trail for families looking to push your hikes out of the “easy” category and into “moderate”.

Nice view at the top, some ice on the trail but generally dry.

Nice hard hill at the start to help you truly appreciate the views

Beautiful view!

Saturday hike at 11:30am was super quiet. By the time I got done, approximately 90minutes of hiking, more people came. Icy in some spots but the views of Cathedral Spires and the mountain range were magnificent.

Quick little hike not far out of town for when you want a little nature but not to drive too far. The incline at the beginning is a little tough. But nothing you can't handle. Most of the other hikers we saw were kids with their parents. We took the Oxen Draw Trail on the way back for a different view. It seemed like a quieter, more shaded trail that took you through the trees and over small streams.

Nice short hike. Took about 2 hours to complete. Really close to Denver and tons of room for parking. Went at 12:30 on a Saturday in Nov and very minimal people which is a huge plus vs how some of the trails can be. My pup had a great time. I would say lower level of moderate. Ok views, but great tree coverage and nice little escape from the city.

Wonderful loop. We went Friday 11-1pm. Not busy at all on weekdays.Doing the route counter-clockwise you hit an amazing vista about 3-3.5 miles into the hike that is a great resting point.

Short hike that is definitely worth the view! I had hiking boots but they aren't necessary. I went up Sunday morning around 9:30 and there were a decent amount of people. I read the reviews below before I went and they were very helpful and on point.

Beautiful hike with moderate incline to the top. The views at the top are absolutely incredible! Great for a fall hike, some shade coverage along the way so wouldn’t be bad in the summer.

Lovely hike. Good incline.

Good hike...loved it!

Nice large parking lot - had no issues getting there around 9am on a Saturday. Pretty steep incline, but view at the top of Eagle's is worth it.

elevation gain is all at the start until you hit the loop. plenty of trees and shade. mid way it opens up to a great view. take the loop counter clockwise to get best look as you hike.

bring a map. there are a couple of spots where it's easy to make a wrong turn.

not too crowded on the third Saturday in August. we were the fourth car there at 8am. lot was two thirds full at 10:20.

My dog and I went on a Thursday at 10am and did the Elkhorn to EagleView to Raven's Roost route (between 4.5 and 5 miles). There were not too many other hikers at all which is so nice as other places can be so busy in the summer. There is a big, free parking lot and bathrooms, as others stated. The hike itself was very peaceful and serene, with lots of pretty flowers, butterflies, birds, and a beautiful view at the top. I didn't find the hike too hard (there were steeper inclines at the beginning) and liked that it went through the forest and also had some exposed spots.

If you make it to to the view point, Unbelievable and worth every step !!!

Great views quickly accessed after about a mile of moderate uphill work. I was expecting the way down to be ugly since some of the reviews pointed out it's just an old access road. It was actually lovely! Wildflowers and butterflies the whole way down. ALSO google maps indicated getting to the trail head required private or difficult roads. I was expecting to need 4WD, based on that, but it was paved the entire way. No problems. Bathrooms available at the head.

Added a short-side out and back to panoramic area from Ravens Roost trail. Worth the visit. Beautiful vista.

Excellent trail with hiking mostly in the shade of the trees. Views along the top ridge are awesome!