Dry Fork Loop is a 14.0 kilometer loop trail located near Durango, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 14.0 km Elevation Gain: 420 m Route Type: Loop

Nice trail for mountain biking, great parking and entry location. Good condition trail.

This is mostly on the San Juan NF, so dogs are allowed off leash. Forest rule is dogs must be under voice control or on leash.

Ok for a hike. Much better for a run or bike. Heavy bike traffic. This NOT hard. I would rate it as easy.

Great loop close to town. It was a little muddy but dry for the most part. Took other’s recommendations and went counterclockwise which seemed to make sense.Rocky ascent and gradual descent. Definitely plan to do this one again.

Sun Aug 12 2018

I don’t think this is a hard trail. We did it on a Sunday morning. We passed 34 mountain bikers and nine hikers. A lot of shade, a good well marked trail. Took us 3 hours; about 9 miles total from the parking area and back. We went to the right. Counterclockwise was better with the bikers coming the other way.

Tue Jul 24 2018

Great day hike. My GPS tracked 9.2 miles in total. We started up on the left loop which is less rocky with better forest cover.

Mon May 28 2018

Dry Fork Loop is a nice hike. The grade was gentle and the entire route is shaded. I hiked this trail on May 28 and had a gorgeous day.

Wed Oct 04 2017

being from central Texas area we figured we start with the hard stuff first. loved it and being flat landers we just sucked it up and took it slow. first week in October and fall colors popping.

Sun Jun 18 2017

Look for the "Treasure Tree"!

Sun Jun 14 2015

Any time you get a chance to get out and get some fresh air in the beautiful mountains outside of Durango, you're a lucky dog! So I'm not complaining, as this was a nice stroll, but certainly not the scenic mastery that Colorado is such a huge draw to us Texans for!

Sat Jun 13 2015

Not technical and made for a pleasant afternoon stroll. lots of scrubby bush, pine, and aspen. not the most scenic trail of my trip, but a great time outside.

Mon Apr 20 2015

One of my favorites. Not too difficult and tons of fun.

Mon Dec 03 2012

This is one of my favorite loops in the Durango area. You are in a forest the whole time, which is nice because it can be very hot. A sustained but not too steep climb, followed by a long and fast descent. Not very technical, just fast singletrack.

Mon Oct 01 2018