Dry Fork Loop

Dry Fork Loop is a 8.7 mile loop trail located near Durango, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

being from central Texas area we figured we start with the hard stuff first. loved it and being flat landers we just sucked it up and took it slow. first week in October and fall colors popping.

Look for the "Treasure Tree"!

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Any time you get a chance to get out and get some fresh air in the beautiful mountains outside of Durango, you're a lucky dog! So I'm not complaining, as this was a nice stroll, but certainly not the scenic mastery that Colorado is such a huge draw to us Texans for!

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Not technical and made for a pleasant afternoon stroll. lots of scrubby bush, pine, and aspen. not the most scenic trail of my trip, but a great time outside.

Monday, April 20, 2015

One of my favorites. Not too difficult and tons of fun.

Monday, December 03, 2012

This is one of my favorite loops in the Durango area. You are in a forest the whole time, which is nice because it can be very hot. A sustained but not too steep climb, followed by a long and fast descent. Not very technical, just fast singletrack.

Monday, June 20, 2016