Dream Lake Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Estes Park, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

partially paved

Starting at the Bear Lake trailhead in Glacier Gorge, follow the signs for Nymph lake, your first destination. In summer it is filled with lily pads. Heading up to Dream Lake from there follows a well maintained trail, with great views, wildflowers, and wildlife.

Ok trail nice when you get to the lake
Easy trail

We rented spikes which allowed us to truly trek thru the snow with ease — highly recommend. We didn’t make it to Emerald Lake because the sun was setting soon (starts a bit after 5pm in November) but Dream Lake was a real beauty!

Did this today 11/9. The trail was quite busy. It had ALOT of snow!!!! In my opinion, the trail was not clearly marked. We were confused which direction to go couple times but the sceneries to the lake were gorgeous. The lake was frozen and it was sooooo windy.

Gorgeous hike in to the mountain passing some lakes. It's now very snowy and icy, but it's a fun hike to do!

I have been up here several times. Fun in winter. Trail can be run most winter days with just Yaktrax. The snow will be very packed down from the heavy snowshoer usage.

The views are stunning!!! Such a great hike I can’t wait to go again!

Beautiful hike. Not very difficult with lots of great views. If you keep going past Dream Lake you will end at Emerald Lake which is work the extra .7 miles! We also had a baby with us (10 months) and he loved it as well. Highly recommend!

Awesome views and loved that you can such great scenery within a few miles hike.

If you make it this far, it’s a no brainer to go all the way to emerald lake. The lake is frozen over but still beautiful!

The trail is beautiful. The day we went, it had snowed earlier in the week, then partially melted, then absolutely deep-freeze froze, then it was super slippery. Our group could not continue to Emerald due to the slow ascent and descent. Those who had some sort of trail traction blazed past us, safely and not really impacted. Do yourself a favor and go get yourself 1 pair for you and 1 for your ill-prepared friend, so that you both can blaze up and down the trail. You don't have to get them from Amazon; buy locally if you want, but they are less than $20/pair and essentially make a difference of whether or not you can hike that day. https://www.amazon.com/Yaktrax-Walk-Traction-Cleats-Walking/dp/B01LJ6FX3C And each of my kids is getting a pair for Chrismas this year. Lesson learned.

the trail is well built and maintained. a little slope but good for even beginners. be careful of the high altitude dizzy

GO TO @2_SUMMIT_UP on Instagram to learn more about the Dream Lake Trail (picture blog) Dream Lake is one of the most beautiful short hikes I have ever witnessed. Breathtaking view after breathtaking view. My blog here2summitup.wordpress.com provides a sample of what you can expect on this hike

Keep hiking to emerald lake!!

Continued here after hiking Bear Lake, Alberta Falls, Loch Lake, Timberline Falls, and Lake Haiyaha, so it was getting to be a busier time of day. Easy hike, trails very well maintained. Lake is beautiful! Love such clear waters!

It was absolutely beautiful! We loved every second of it! We actually went ahead and hiked all the way up to emerald lake. The hike wasn’t too bad at all! We had our 7 year old son with us and for the most part he did good! We were able to get really close to the chipmunks and they’ll come right up to you. Overall very beautiful and great hike!

Be there before sunrise to experience the AlpenGlow.

love this hike. the views are amazing! my husband and I loved it.

Easy hike with great views both in summer and winter!

Easy hike with epic views.

It was a good short hike for half a days worth of fun. Not very hard if you’re looking for something to do in the morning before lunch. A little crowded as the day goes by but well worth it.

Beautiful trail, beautiful lakes. Not too hard, and many great places to stop and look, take pictures, rest, or eat lunch. A bit trafficky, but we were there on a holiday weekend.

My 6 year old said this was the most beautiful place that she has ever been! At 31, I would agree.

Great hike! Was so proud of my kids 7 & 4 for taking this one on. They were super excited when we made it to the lake and there was still snow around it. They even fed some chipmunks while there. Very picturesque place.

Saw several elk. Dream Lake very pretty.

Beautiful all seasons!

This trail was stunning, did this trail on my trip in November so everything was covered in snow so it was gorgeous, a lot of overlooks with pretty views and the lakes themselves were a sight to see completely frozen over. Definitely a winter wonderland! And not difficult to get to either even in Winter.

I would rate this easy. Stunny view of lake. I recommend doing multiple lake trails on the same day.

Beautiful view for a short hike!

Dream Lake is beautiful and presents many great photo opportunities. Was there in July 2018 and enjoyed the reflection of the mountains in the lake. I’m dreaming of a Dream Lake.... Would recommend also keep on the trail until you get to Emerald Lake, well worth it.

Very beautiful hike! For even greater views I would recommend continuing the hike to Emerald lake :)