Doudy Draw to Flatirons Vista Trailhead

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(26)
Boulder Open Space

Doudy Draw to Flatirons Vista Trailhead is a 12.7 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Eldorado Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 12.7 km Elevation Gain: 239 m Route Type: Loop

Restrooms a few hundred yards from the starting trailhead, and again at the Flatirons Vista Trailhead, where the route turns around.

recorded Doudy Draw/Flatirons N

Beautiful views and steady gains. Would definitely bring visitors to this trail. Parking can be difficult, the lot is small and always packed. Trail conditions were muddy, wet, and snowy this afternoon. Not the best day for a trail run but it was manageable. Once you start ascending you the flatiron vista trail it’s mostly dry. Very dog friendly!

fee

Snow was packed and perfect for hiking. We had spikes on our shoes which helped!

The Doudy Draw switchbacks are in GREAT shape after all the trail work being done. Trail is gorgeous right now with an insane number of wildflowers in bloom. We saw a handful of goldfinches on the route as well — an absolute treat!

Sun May 19 2019

I combined the Doudy Draw, west of Highway 93 Community Ditch, and North Flatirons Vista trails to the rest of the Dirty Bismarck loop excluding the Greenbelt Plateau trail. I was able to run about 16-16.5 miles or so out of roughly 18 miles. The Doudy Draw and other trails west of Highway 93 were my first leg leaving from the Marshall Mesa trailhead. It was a very wet morning, mist covered my glasses until I approached the Flatirons Vista trailhead. I thoroughly enjoyed this portion. It is very scenic and lush compared to the high prairie trails in the south and east Dirty Bismarck loop. Unfortunately, the heavy morning cloud cover meant I couldn't see the Flatirons until I was on the far East side of the loop, in Superior, well into my run. The Community Ditch/Dowdy Draw/North Flatirons Vista leg is highly recommended. I was fortunate to pick a cold and very overcast day to run the loop, as this definitely helped me avoid a sunburn.

Fri Apr 26 2019

Sat Nov 04 2017

Nice, easy hike close to Boulder. LOTS of traffic including bikes, runners, dogs and hikers but everyone was very friendly. I only saw a couple people on the South Flatirons portion, so it balances out. Parking is awful- people were parked all along No Parking signs, jamming cars together, blocking access, and parking cars in spots marked for horse trailers. Typical Boulder.

Sun May 26 2019