Discovery Challenger Trail

Discovery Challenger Trail is a 1.2 mile loop trail located near Winter Park, Colorado and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

High country trails with potential for more. A nice easy loop for a quick walk, snowshoe or cross-country skiing venture. There is a picnic area on the west side of the loop and a longer trail past the Jim Creek dam. An ornery moose has been seen in the area, so proceed with caution around him.

Quick and easy hike.

Great for kids

Great trail for kids. Took my 4 year old on this hike and he had no problem at all.

Great easy hike for a family with younger kids. We took our 4 year old and 7 month old (in carrier) and enjoyed an easy first hike for the toddler. Parts are board walks and crosses a small stream several times. Several benches to sit down if needed along the way.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

I took this trail for my first snowshoeing adventure. It was easy and had wonderful views!

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Simple hike with little ponds. Nice picnic area along stream

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

great easy hike for a family

Sunday, July 17, 2016

I hiked this trail by accident. I intended to do Jim Creek trail (which I did get to and do, that same day). This trail is flat and easy with pretty views. You'll walk by campsites at times, which some may not like. Discovery trail hooks up with Challenger trail at a couple of points, and you will see/hear the creek a little, which is nice. I was walking with my elderly Jack Russell Terrier, so it was great for him. There are also a number of wooden benches along the way, if you like to sit and snack, take in the view, or need rests. Pleasant, short, flat, easy.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Nice easy trail through the woods along the river. Very pretty; short and sweet.

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Easy dog-friendly trail; sparsely populated and mixed shade. Nice streams throughout.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

This trail is just OK. It's nice for older people or those not in great shape because it's short and flat. I found it quite boring. I used it as an adjunct to another trail. I took my dogs and it was fine for them.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017