Diamond Peaks is a 6.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Walden, Colorado that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and off road driving and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

off road driving

PLEASE HELP! this trail looks AMAZING but I was wondering if it is an off roaring trail or do you have to hike it?? If it is an off roaring trail can you get to the top of that ridge in a off road vehicle?
Thanks!

One of my favorite hikes in this area of Colorado, thus far. Excellent trail getting you above tree line fairly quickly. A fairly long trek across the ridge, but with fantastic views all the way. Looking south from the peak was amazing and the climb down, though a bit steep in some spots, was reasonably marked and fairly easy to follow if you have the app loaded up with a recent track. I referenced the track a few times just to be sure we were moving in the right direction. We saw a bull moose as well coming down near tree line. Would absolutely do this one again when I'm in the area.

We only saw one other person on the trail, so safe to say this is very lightly trafficked and quiet.

Great views all the way around!

gorgeous, although there are several parts without actual trails. There was never a single sign that said "diamond peaks", so definitely read the reviews below for more on that. My GPS wasn't working as I was coming down from diamond peaks, so I had to just walk in the direction of the road, which left me pretty muddy. At the top of north diamond peaks, you can continue to the South diamond peaks, then retrace to the path., but if you're pressed for time, the views aren't much different :) . Some snow was blocking the paths here and there today, June 15, but I had good boots on so I was fine. Again, gorgeous views and worth the trip.

Excellent views. Spotted an elk at the top!

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Hiked up for the eclipse. Incredible views at the top and worth all the effort. The trail is not well marked on the way down toward the street so definitely have a map handy.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

This is a gorgeous and very lightly trafficked hike with spectacular views. There is some highway walking at the end of this route (from Cameron Pass parking lot back to Zimmerman Lake parking lot), but the shoulder is pretty wide and I didn't mind it. After Montgomery Pass, the trail can be difficult to find and seems to be nonexistent at times. I was glad to be mapping my route so I knew I wasn't getting off course.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

favorite ohv trail,watch out for oil pan rock

Sunday, August 02, 2015

Very steep inclines, we were told that it was a 6 mile trail, but it ended up being 8.5 mile round trip.

Saturday, September 02, 2017