Devils Kitchen Trail is a 1.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Grand Junction, Colorado that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from April until October.

Distance: 1.5 miles Elevation Gain: 324 feet Route Type: Out & Back

fee

Trail is not super well marked once you get going upwards on the rocks, but not hard to find the way. Probably wouldn’t do again, but it is pretty at the end

Disappointed. Trail not clearly marked. We were chasing daylight and didn’t make it to the “kitchen” because there was no clear path. Going to try again tomorrow, earlier in the day.

Sunny, peaceful and wonderful views, and on the downside no shade, very short and hard to tell where trail ends.

We got a little off trail towards the end of this one but still managed to get to ‘the kitchen’. Short and sweet

Trail was mostly dry today before a brief rainstorm this afternoon. The trail is well marked until you get to the end and then it becomes a little challenging. Its a short trail so it would be good for folks who want to see some of the amazing geology of the Monument without needing to hike as far. I had mostly overcast skies today but in the summer don't underestimate the need for water. The last section up to the end is all uphill and there is little shade. I spotted numerous birds today and mule deer tracks. In the summer I highly recommend this as a sunrise hike.

Nice trail, some portions of the trail not clearly mark. We enjoyed the short hike.

Great short hike ending at sandstone monoliths. You can scramble around at the kitchen for nice views of NTC and Echo Canyons.

Fun trail. Leads to amazing, beautiful red rock formations. Small amount of scrambling towards the end. Short beautiful hike worth doing.

it was a nice trail, definitely reccomend for beginners!!

Great trail, beautiful views. Easy enough for my 4 y/old.

Very easy family trail. Really cool rock formations. Worth seeing!

Impressed by some of the trail improvements. Great time with the kids exploring.

interesting area that I very much enjoyed! As mainly a mtn. hiker I seen my first wild cacti! water is dried up this time of year, save for a small muddy pool under where the water fall would be. The rocks & canyon were still beautiful none the less. would love to come back in spring sometime!

DO NOT FOLLOW ALLTRAILS MAP. It leads to an unmarked trail unofficially called “Goats trail”. Just follow the main trail to the initial rock formation and you’re done.

Easy trail with amazing views. Be careful climbing the huge rocks. Took my time in 93 degree heat, it will drain you.

Really easy hike and easy to follow as of 08/19/2019, only took about 15 minutes for me to hike so I would recommend looking around more, the view is absolutely beautiful at the devil's kitchen! I would go in the middle and climb up to the view off the cliffside too its gorgeous!

Great hike but all trails is very off. You get to devils kitchen way before all trails ending point. Follow designated path to devils kitchen. After that there really is no designated trail. You will know you are there when you walk inside grouping of large towering rocks.

The first part of the trail is ok, but once you get to the rock climb it is not well marked and difficult to follow. I had the all trails app up, but the path was not matching up too well with the rock piles left for marks. We found ourselves trying to follow footprints, but we could tell quickly lots of the prints were from ours trying to find the trail and piles of rocks. Many trail search missions up on the rocks by others too. We never made it to the Hells Kitchen and gave up due to the frustration of trying to find the path. If I ever do it again, I will use my Garmin GPSMAT 64ts and program the waypoints on the trail myself.