Devil's Canyon and Mace Trail Loop is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Beulah, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The park would be nice and has potential, but this is the SECOND time I’ve been on these trails and gotten in a confrontation because people don’t follow the leash rules for their dogs. My dog is on a leash, I’m following the rules, but it makes for an incredibly unpleasant experience and pretty much ruins the day when I have to break up a dog fight because an unleashed dog ran up on mine. Today’s confrontation was exceptionally unpleasant, and the guy (local of Beulah) told me dogs didn’t have to be on a leash. If you have a dog, I don’t recommend this park or trails. It’s not worth the potential confrontation with uninformed and rude Beulah residents.

Great area for a quick hike. Beautiful views and the trails are well maintained.

Very clean trails, and amazing views

Great beginners area to hike, be aware that the fire tower is currently closed, I did not see any signs calling this out until I got to the fire tower.

Not to hard a hike. The Outlook is amazing. A little steep at the end but worth it. Devil's canyon is beautiful.

Great trails. Just continue past the dead end sign and pick the trail back up. We love our SoCo trails, quiet and clean. A nice change from trails up north. Please keep it that way. Have respect for nature and fellow hikers.

Great trails. Enough options to take different trails as you go. There is an area where the map appears to show a continuous trail for Devils Canyon but then you’ll see a sign that says dead end. If you keep hiking up the gorge, however, you’ll pick back up and continue on to the rest of the trail to loop back to Mace trail.

I suggest taking the Tower Trail to the Fire Tower! You get to climb the tower and get a great 360 view. After the fire tower I would take Mace Trail to Lookout point so you can see the canyon instead of doing Devils Canyon, which in my opinion isn’t as great as the trails suggested above.

The trail to Devil's Canyon can be a little bit misleading, on the trail map it shows that it connects to another Trail but at the trailhead there is a sign that points to the direction of Devil's Canyon Trail but says it's a dead in, so it can be a little confusing. Beautiful Trail would love to hike it again would recommend it it's amazing!

Monday, November 06, 2017

Awesome trail!! Great work out, beautiful scenery

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Fantastic views. Hardly no people in the trails, very clean trails. Southern Colorado trails are a hidden gem.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Great area! way more trails than are shown here, lots of opportunities for loops and access to the greater national forest. Not much for water out there so pack in pletnty. The north ridge trail is not very shaded, most of the other trails are okay for warm days though.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Nice area lots of trails. Green, and the area has lots to offer for picnics or relaxing.

Thursday, March 16, 2017

I am giving this 1 star because the description is not even close to accurate. This is not one 4,9 mile easy flat trail. This is a series of trails and the one that we took - Northridge - was straight up a mountain. Views were incredible but need to provide a much better description of all the trails.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Did Devils Gulch to the top of Lookout Trail then back on Mace trail. Enjoyed the hike . Would call this more a moderate because had to scramble over the rocks to continue on. Encountered nice other hikers and horse back riders. Dog friendly hike.

Friday, July 08, 2016

This place is awesome the trails are great fun for the kids even my Two year old enjoyed the hike up two of the trails go here and you will love it lots of nature surrounded by the Forrest beautiful views 2000% awesome

Jason

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

several trails in this park
devils canyon is really nice and lookout point above is worth the hike

Monday, June 20, 2016

Very beautiful. My wife and I went on a Monday and we had the trails to ourselves. Lots of trails left to discover

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

This trail was great just when I thought the views couldn't get better we found another. Highly recommended.

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Great trail. Dog friendly.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Nice trail, well kept and dog friendly. Beautiful view.