Devils Canyon Loop Trail

Devils Canyon Loop Trail is a 6.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fruita, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

There is almost an endless number of trail combinations in this area. There are trails that lead to Kodels Canyon, one that takes you to Flume Canyon and many different routes around the Devils Canyon area.

Enjoyable hike - great scenery

Amazing hike I do a few times a month, lots to look at to keep it fun and interesting. Indian paintbrush is blooming and so are the cactus. Caterpillars and lizards are out too. I like taking the loop counter clockwise doing the longest part first makes for a fast trip back. Mining cabin at the end is fun to visit, be sure to sign the book inside.

Fantastic views and endless trail options.

so beautiful!

Endless number of trails! Can do a ‘lite hike’ with the kiddos or a strenuous run with the dogs. Be sure to look at a map before heading out. Trails are less well marked the further you get away from the trailhead.

Lots of options on this loop system. Great hike year round!

Beautiful. Would be great for my dad to walk and take photos. Grandkids would also love it.

Love this hike! The right trail can be a bit difficult to find, so make sure your study the map before you go. It's a pretty easy hike, with very little elevation change. The full loop is well worth the journey. You'll find yourself surrounded by magnificent 1500 canyon walls, juniper, and all the beauty deserts have to offer. The cabin at the end of the loop is the perfect oasis in a land with few opportunities for shade. Get out and enjoy this Colorado gem!!

About 8.5 mile loop from parking lot. Beautiful hike, easy terrain, spectacular views.

My 5 and 10yo sons run this loop with me. Fun, interesting, nice views and a cool, little mining cabin to explore.

Great views of the canyons and red buttes as you walk through them! We enjoyed seeing so much of the landscape on this hike. And even saw mountain lion tracks!

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Hiked with my 11 year old son, and three teenagers. All did very well for not hiking at all. Very pretty hike, glad to make it to the Shack.

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Very scenic

Thursday, March 16, 2017

I love this hike. It's a slow and steady hike with a good balance of inclines and level parts.

Friday, December 02, 2016

Great early December hike. Some muddy spots but overall a great time. Dog was off leash the whole time and didn't have any issues.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

amazing geography! will never forget this hike

Saturday, July 16, 2016

My husband and I did this hike on our honeymoon. He is not a big hiker and did not find this trail difficult. It is an easy hike, but hot at midday as there is little shade on the trail. Wish we had more time to hike more in this area. Such a beautiful area!

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

gorgeous, more easy than moderate in my opinion. a wonderful hike

Sunday, February 28, 2016

I was able to take this trail with arthritic knees. And I felt like I kept my heart rate up too! Hard to find a trail like this. Beautiful views as well!

Friday, March 21, 2014

Come here every year and stay in Fruita. Perfect spot to stay and explore the monument or arches and canyonlands. Definitely worth checking out

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Took my 8 and 9 year old boys along with me today to tackle this trail and I was amazed at how well they did, charging through the 6+ miles of rolling terrain. This trail provides little to no shade if you traverse in mid-day so be weary if you have little ones or are susceptible to heat if you plan to knock out in the summer temps. Cabin is a cool little remnant of roughing it and marks the turn around point of the trailhead approximately a little more than half way. Lots of scenery to look at, wildlife included lizards and a few birds. Might be much for non-seasoned hikers (kids) but makes for a great 1/2 day hike.

Sunday, April 07, 2013

The trail head is at a parking lot with a restroom. The main trail starts out as a gravel path. It is pretty heavily used, but the main trail breaks into many loops. I am just introducing my girlfriend to hiking so we took the small D4 loop. It was really easy with not much elevation change. There were some pretty cool cliffs to see, and we ran into several people on horseback. It is close to GJ, and a great place for some entry level hiking. There seems to be many other trails with varying degrees of difficulty, so we will be back.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Nice loop hike in the McInnis Canyons National Conservation Area. Great sandstone formations, you'll pass an old cabin (be sure to go inside and sign the register).

31 minutes ago