Devil's Backbone Trail - Extended Route

Devil's Backbone Trail - Extended Route is a 6.1 mile loop trail located near Loveland, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This is a great semi-urban Trail! There are some lovely 360 degree and mountain views. We enjoyed stepping into the keyhole. The farther in you get the rockier the trail is. That last Loop (Laughing Horse Loop) was pretty uneven and challenging on the feet, and I was wishing a mountain biker would pass by so I could watch. I hear this trail is one to avoid in the summer due to heat and snakes, but in November it was absolutely wonderful!

Cloudy day hike

love riding here.. nice flowy trails, some pretty good climbs.. fun trail...

Encountered a large rattlesnake last Sunday. The trail, in some places, is so narrow, that it's impossible to avoid rattlesnakes. I had a biker who helped me get out of that situation, & he probably saved my life. Please be careful of the rattlesnakes out there.

One of my favorites.