Devil's Backbone Trail - Extended Route

Devil's Backbone Trail - Extended Route is a 5.9 mile loop trail located near Loveland, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Near our house.. and the puppy loves it! A great after-work or Sunday morning hike.

Great trail for a day of escape from the stresses of dealing with my momma and her Alzheimer’s. Friendly hikers, well behaved dogs. Was busy but going in the afternoon I think I missed the Saturday crowds. Clean and well maintained this was a great walk for stretching our legs!

Great trail!! The dogs loved it, and me and my friend loved it. It was not far outside of Loveland. And like others have said, it is pretty rocky the farther you go. Like big red rock slabs! This is a super dusty walk though..just FYI. I really enjoyed myself though.. it was a nice incline and not too crazy. Everyone was respectful and nice.

Beautiful trail. Pretty easy but the farther you go in the more rocky it gets. Went to the end of the laughing horse loop & turned around due to ominous looking weather. I gotta go back and go farther next time.

Great hiking close to town. Beautiful views and some challenging spots that make it enjoyable.

great when you live in the area and just need out for a bit. easy hike! great for little ones too!

People are not

A little is a lot when ur happy with what u got

Beautiful place for walking and my dog loves it.

Awesome family hike, I cannot wait to go back.

Saturday, November 18, 2017

This is a great semi-urban Trail! There are some lovely 360 degree and mountain views. We enjoyed stepping into the keyhole. The farther in you get the rockier the trail is. That last Loop (Laughing Horse Loop) was pretty uneven and challenging on the feet, and I was wishing a mountain biker would pass by so I could watch. I hear this trail is one to avoid in the summer due to heat and snakes, but in November it was absolutely wonderful!

Monday, October 30, 2017

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Cloudy day hike

Saturday, July 29, 2017

love riding here.. nice flowy trails, some pretty good climbs.. fun trail...

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Encountered a large rattlesnake last Sunday. The trail, in some places, is so narrow, that it's impossible to avoid rattlesnakes. I had a biker who helped me get out of that situation, & he probably saved my life. Please be careful of the rattlesnakes out there.

Tuesday, June 06, 2017

One of my favorites.

Sunday, February 12, 2017

My sis and I did a leisurely hike of about 3 miles on am unusually warm day in February. Beautiful! We hiked from the parking area up to the key hole and then back around. Great little hike.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Saw a lot of dogs, there is a lot of trail so you can do the amount you like. Very busy.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

We love this easy trail. Great for quick bike ride too !

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Pretty landscape. Easy trail. Some wildlife

Thursday, June 30, 2016

One of my favorites, close to home, always see all kinds of wildlife and I can go with family members.

Friday, October 02, 2015

Nice trail! I did this on a cool, overcast October day - perfect weather as we didn't have to deal with excessive heat. Not too strenuous, nice views.

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Good easy hike. Need lots of water due to minimal shade!

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Great hike for cooler days and winter, but there aren't many places for shade in the summer. Nice views from the keyhole and the additional loops are worth it.

Monday, November 18, 2013

Great Hike- near Horsetooth Reservoir- and beautiful . Pretty easy hike.

Thursday, August 15, 2013

A pretty easy hike. It's a great stepping stone to longer, more difficult hikes. especially if you are still adjusting to the elevation. No shade except at the key loop. It is a great spot to stop and take a break with benches, shade, and a nice breeze. There are water fountains/bathrooms at the trail head.

Thursday, June 06, 2013

Beautiful scenery. The weather was perfect and there were great views. Definately bring lots of water.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Fun and easy hike. Great views from the keyhole, which is a short distance in. All around nice views