Devil's Backbone Nature Trail is a 4.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Loveland, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

An extension to the Devils Backbone Interpretive Trail. After a short but fairly steep up hill you will enter a rolling plateau that has some awesome views of the CO foothills with Longs Peak in the background. If you're quiet and observant you may see some deer along with other wildlife. For an area that is so close to civilization the quiet and solitude of this place is a nice respite. The views of the Devils Backbone from the summit gives a different view to this geological wonder.

Lovely trail! Heavily used but everyone we met was well behaved and respectful, including the dogs! Was a nice escape from the stresses of dealing with a mom and her dementia. Took my doggo and enjoyed a good leg stretch. Nicely maintained and clean! Lovely views!

One of my favorites when I feel like going on more than a walk but don't have time for a long hike.

I have hiked this 3 or 4 times now. A nice stretch of the legs, this out and back trail has some beautiful views. Go early, especially in warmer months, and avoid the crowds. Large parking lot accommodates large horse trailers for those lucky folks who have a horse lifestyle. Dogs on leash.

Good trail for all ages— 7 to 78 yr. We had lunch at the arch and rested on benches along the way. Very interesting rock formations and history was highlighted on story boards.

Fun. Fast. Flowy

Nice trail. Love it!

Fun hike! Good trails and some beautiful scenery up close and far away. Enjoyed the trail!

August 18, mountain bikes the trail with my 13 year old. We loved the trail, absolutely beautiful and fun. We are from Michigan so this was definitely different than what we are use too. It was a blast and I would recommend it to anyone.

Nice trail close to town with rocks and nature. Very enjoyable.

Love but be cautious of rattle snakes !

Great hike for all levels and ages of hikers. No shade. Be cautious of snakes. Hear they are there but in the numerous times I have been out there thankfully have only encountered one time. We stay on trail though. Its pretty heavily trafficked.

Good trail my 5yo and me being 7 months pregnant did it fine, while my 2yo walked the way back. he was carried on a toddler hiking backpack the way up. We did see one rattlesnake

Lovely on a cool morning. Easy walk with a few slopes.

Nice place to hike but I won't go again as a rattlesnake crossed the trail about 5 feet in front of me. Lots of areas with very tall grass and narrow paths with lots of places for those rattlers to be. I understand it is their home and I will leave it to them.

Good short hike for kids and all ages.

Easy afternoon hike

The trail itself is nice but as mentioned, it is pretty developed. A great picture at the keyhole is ruined by many homes behind it. I imagine it was a great view prior to that. Definitely a popular trail though, plenty of traffic. Easy enough.

Went hiking with a few friends! We go there early (8 am) to avoid the heat & (hopefully) snakes. We didn’t run into any snakes thankfully! I really enjoyed the cleanliness of the park, wildflowers, & beautiful views!

Great views! Great weather! Beautiful flowers. Really enjoyed the hike. Did not love all the residential.

Great place to hike and walk your dog, but I won't go there again until the fall. A couple of days ago, my dog was bitten by a rattlesnake. Fortunately, she will be fine. The rattlesnake was in the grass, not too far from the trail. I didn't even hear it rattling. If you do go there during the summer months, be extremely careful, but I wouldn't recommend walking one's dog there during the summer. Too bad, because it's such a beautiful place.

Beautiful place, but watch out for rattlesnakes.

A fun hike close to town, gets pretty hot in the summer though. Little shade.

Great running trail. Ran from devil's backbone to horsetooth reservoir. Lots of snakes so stay alert!

Scenic, not difficult. I added on the Laughing Horse Loop for a total hike of 6.2 miles.

Great place to ride as a beginner in the mountain bike world cant wait to get back.

Beautiful easy hiking trail. Lots of great views. Plenty of cactus around so be mindful.
Pretty far from Denver.

Come here frequently for my evening work outs, I love this trail, lots of wildlife and beautiful views and tonight I saw a MOUNTAIN LION!! This happened on the laughing horse section of the extended trail, I noticed a herd of deer running up and over the ridge and a few seconds later I saw the lion below crouching down and moving from bush to bush! Got my heart pumping but what an experience!

It had been a long time since I had been on this trail, and was sad to see that the surrounding area had been pretty heavily developed. The trail itself is still nice, but the view of mini-mansions was disappointing to say the least. If you are trying to get way from civilization for a few hours, this isn't your trail.

I love it