Deer Mountain Trail

Deer Mountain Trail is a 5.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Estes Park, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is best used from April until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Many people on this trail underestimate it. Bring water! Great hike with nice switchbacks. Trail is easy to follow till the last half mile or so. Finding the summit requires a steep little jaunt up to the top. Gorgeous views at the summit.

A beautiful hike!

Many switchbacks, but a good summit view.

Beautiful views. I underestimated the altitude and it's power over my Midwest lungs. My athletic children and husband had little or no problems. Bring plenty of water.

Well, we're newbie hikers with littles, but we gave this trail a shot. It was a moderate trail, though our kids had to stop and break often. Lots of switchbacks. The final climb to the top is a bit tough. It's completely worth it. Incredible views! We spent about 30 minutes at the top, refueling and taking in the views. Rain started blowing in so we headed down. Trip up, about 2.75 hours. Trip down 1.75. We recommend this one!

Great trail! Pretty steep at the end, bring poles. I ended up skinning my knees when I slipped coming down.

This was a fairly easy trail with great views at the top! It took about 3 and a half hours round trip with having a few snacks at the top. I would highly recommend!

Pretty easy hike with nice views at the top.

Not too bad of a hike, took us a little over an hour to get to the top and that included a few breaks for water and pictures.

not too difficult - the path zig-zags and is thus not too steep.great views all along

Awesome summit hike!!!