Deadman's Gulch Trail is a 10.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Crested Butte, Colorado that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Distance: 10.2 miles Elevation Gain: 2,178 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Coming from cement creek the first 2 miles are switch back that are steep. The trail over to rosebud are a tittle more uniform, it’s a climb but is is consistent and less steep.. I didn’t take the second part of deadman’s gulch, we followed bear creek trail.

Wed Mar 11 2015

Rather remote and solitary trail. I was one of only two bikers on this trail when I biked it. It starts with a long steady climb (not technical) until you reach Reno Divide. Then some rewarding singletrack down, but you will pay for the descent. Bear Trail is one long climb on a singletrack. Technical enough to kick my butt (especially when combined with the climb). Climb continues on Deadman Trail for a while, testing me all the way to the top--and then fast and fun switchbacks all the way down. Last obstacle between me and my car was Cement Creek (which I ended up stepping into :))

Tue Aug 30 2016