Davis Ponds Trail

Davis Ponds Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Conifer, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Restrooms at the picnic area and the south parking lot.

I brought my golden retriever and had a fantastic time. A gorgeous setting lots of little animals here and there. The ponds were more man made than I thought they’d be. But it was a nice place to sit and watch the water for a few. I’m not sure how stroller friendly it was but people were making it work.

I did the Davis Pond Trail and added a couple side trials to make it around 4 miles. It’s a fun little trail, not drastically difficult if you’ve hiked harder trails, and the mountains act as a nice backdrop.

Seven dollars to park. Well kept. Very peaceful. I saw one person leaving as I was entering, and a couple people as I was leaving. Very quiet. Very peaceful.

This was more of a stroll than a hike. Still, the scenery was relaxing and the ponds were pleasant. The interpretive signs along the way would make for a great educational enrichment opportunity with youngsters and nature lovers. I would highly recommend this trail to moms who want to break-in their kids' hiking shoes/boots and begin nurturing a love of the outdoors.

Very nice easy hike.

Nice hike if you’re on a short time frame. It’s also kid friendly.

Great easy trail. Will come back with grandkids.

was disappointed with the scenery. easy hike for kids and has geocaching in the area. but I wouldn't plan a hiking trip to see this. if youre already in the park, then sure go check it out. mainly used for fishing and theres man made cement and chain link fence structures separating the "ponds." looks like retention ponds. I gave it 3 stars for the geocaching. theres a really neat cache in the area. other than that I'd give it 1 star.

Extremely well kept trail and easy year round. Can be completed in easily in around 20 minutes and definitely great for children. Colorado Parks and Wildlife offer these tank like wheelchairs for anyone with disabilities and the elderly. I tend to fish the ponds when I get the chance, there are stocked rainbow trout usually around 10-12 inches in size as well as some brook trout but those don’t get very big. The ponds are great for ice fishing in January and February but definitely make sure you carry a fishing license year round if you do decide to give the ponds a shot as they frequently check for licenses. Definitely a good place to try if you have kids, I personally use rooster tails but I know for a fact that they absolutely love power bait and will usually hit it ever cast. I have never had a bad experience and am constantly recommending it to my friends and anyone who’s looking for a place to take their kids fishing.

You have to pay 7$, no thanks

Excellent for families with children or less experienced hikers!!

Nice views with access to water's edge.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

We went to this park at about 9:00 and was already filled up. The park is new but very nice and has a decent amount of trails. This trail is good if you have kids that just want to run around a bit. It features a cool pond but is not a good hiking choice if you want to see more wildlife.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Cool

Friday, July 28, 2017

Great little hike if you don't want to get too deep, especially with young kids. This is a young state park and they are adding new trails so it never gets old.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

We arrived around 10am. It was a bit warm in the sun, but clouded up halfway around. A nice hike with a little stream for our toddler to play in near the ponds. The park facilities are clean as well. We will return!

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Very pretty. We did the Davis Ponds trail and it was an easy hike although you had to walk pretty far to see anything spectacular.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Great easy hike. But pay close attention to parking space you go in on because the signage is not the best and quite a few of us had to go up on the road only to find out that the loop dropped us off at the wrong parking lot. Very pretty, though.

Thursday, June 01, 2017

very nice. relaxing

Friday, April 07, 2017

Great for a quick beautiful hike.

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Easy trail. enjoyed the spaciousness between trees and trail was well marked. want to go back and check out the other trails in this area