Dakota Ridge and Red Rocks Trail Loop

Dakota Ridge and Red Rocks Trail Loop is a 5.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Morrison, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Dakota Ridge Trail is a 6.5 mile loop trail located near Lakewood, Colorado that offers scenic views. It is possible to link to Matthew Winters/Red Rocks trails to create a longer loop. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

my GPS on All Trails would not check me in while at Dakota Ridge, so I thought I was at the wrong location. Nowhere around could I find where it said Dakota Ridge until I crossed the street to Matthew/Winters park. Ended up doing one of the many Matthew/Winters trails (BEAUTIFUL) and I will be back again to run them all!! LOVED THE PLACE!

Moderate hike. Hiked both trails. A lot of variety to the trails and the views. At the 5 mile mark there's an extra loop that's not marked on this All Trails map. I think it might be new. Probably added close to a mile onto the hike. Completed the hike in four hours. Good hike. Only bad thing was that Dakota Ridge Trail ran along C470. But quieter hike once we were on the red rocks trail.

Not hard

I didn't think it was hard but I could just be experienced. Did it all in 2 hours right around 6 pm. Great evening hike :) oh and watch out for bikers

great day a few weeks back with my great friend Andy.

only complaints is that when bikers are passing, there arent many places to step off the trail to allow them to pass safely.