Crosier Mountain Trail

Crosier Mountain Trail is a 9.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Drake, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Loveland: Access #1: Travel west on Highway 34 approximately 15 miles to County Road 43, then travel north 8 miles to the site. Just west of the livery stables, there is a dirt road going south marked by a Crosier Mtn Trail sign. Park your vehicle off the highway and keep roadways clear. Access #2: Travel west on Highway 34 approximately 15 miles to County Road 43, then travel 6.5 miles to the trailhead. There is a large gravel cut on the south side of the road. A trail sign sits just up the hill from a gate.Access #3: Travel west on Highway 34 to County Road 43, then travel north 2.5 miles to the trailhead. Look for a small metal gate on the south side of the road. There is a small parking area near the gate.

Hiked this 3 days ago. We had very good visibility so views to both Loveland and Estes Park were fabulous! This is pretty a vertical climb and bring plenty of water!

Started from Garden Gate TH. Good views. Good climb. Some steep and rocky areas and other sections go through open meadows.

Crosier is a large complex mountain with three feeder trails leading to the main trail that traverses the mountain from east to west.

Did the rainbow entrance. Pretty steep, but so pretty! Great views off the top.

Beautiful trail!! Took a solo trip up on a rainy/foggy day and saw 1 other human the entire time. We didn't make it to the summit because of the storm, but we loved what we did manage to get done. The Drake trail is rated as difficult on the map at the trailhead which I think is accurate.

I enjoyed the views and abundant wildflowers on the trail. The trail was marked as difficult on the sign at the entrance to the trail and it is apt. However, the journey is worth the inclines. I highly recommend you bring twice the amount of water you need, I sincerely regreted not bringing more. All in all worth it, and will be heading back again.

This hike was absolutely stunning. The climb up was definitely that-- a climb. The trailhead itself ranks this hike as "difficult" so be prepared for that instead of the moderate that AllTrails has given it.
The views however were incredible and totally worth all the huffing and puffing and water breaks it took to reach the summit.
We saw two mountain bikers and 5 other hikers over our 6 hour venture (some of which spent offtrailing) on July 4th weekend which was absolutely incredible. Highly recommend this trail!!!

We thought this trail was hard due to the steepness crossing the ridges. It's worth the effort for the beauty of the flowers. We loved the variety of views; we traveled through forest, meadow and perched atop the rocky peak to enjoy a fabulous vista.

one of my favorite hikes. only saw a few people. overall a long worthwhile hike. the trail was clear except for a few fallen trees but the path around was clear.

Wow this was quite the challenging climb! Could be that I haven't been up at elevation much lately, but it was a lot of climbing, view was totally worth it though! Started early and was the 2nd car at this trailhead, ran into some others at the top and was getting busier on the way down.

I've done this hike countless times and love it even more every time I do it. The hike only takes me about 4 hours round trip. I love the meadow in the middle.

Awesome hike took about 7 hours hard with the snow on the ground

Monday, October 24, 2016

This really is one of the most amazing hikes Ive been on around here. I took the southernmost trailhead off of 43 and the combinations of meadows and steep slopes plus amazing mountain views is hard to beat. Didnt quite make it to the peak as it was getting dark, but I will next time!

Thursday, October 06, 2016

What a fantastic hike. I enjoyed this one more than the famous Estes Park hikes. And the best part of it all? NO PEOPLE.

I took me about 6 hours, beautiful changing landscapes along the way. From rocky and steep to flat wide grassland.

I ran into a huge bull moose right before reaching the summit.

I'm a very fit 30 year old but found this hike to be very strenuous. If you looking for a beautiful trail to experience raw nature without seeing another human being, this is the one.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Awesome views from the peak! A strenuous hike but well worth it.

Monday, August 29, 2016

Great hike! One hell of a workout, but the views at the top were incredible. Make sure you don't take the trail that leads to Glen Haven, I hiked 2 extra miles cause I missed the sign pointing to the summit.

Friday, August 26, 2016

Great views, well marked trails, uphill but the rewards are worth it!

Monday, August 22, 2016

Either I am not in as good of shape as I think I am, or this can be rated "difficult" instead of "moderate"...lots of steep areas. Yes, it does go into a nice valley here and there, but I thought it was difficult! It was enjoyable though. Lots of pretty views of the mountains.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Please be careful of rattle snakes. My dog is in the ER now.

Monday, May 23, 2016

Great hike/run. 10 miles 3200 feet of gain. Great views along the way and at the top.