Coyote Song Trail Loop

Coyote Song Trail Loop is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Littleton, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice stroll through open space. Lots of birds and beautiful rock formations. Gentle

This trail is our daily walk after dinner. Close to home with beautiful valley views. Wildflowers are sparse however birds are plentiful. We enjoy the temperature changes throughout the walk.

Easy hike.

Such a great park for an evening stroll. The people were friendly, the trail was gentle and there was lots of wildlife and scenery to enjoy.

Well trafficked trail on Memorial day weekend. Easy going trail with some good views and awesome wildlife. Finished in under an hour with plenty of time to take it all in.

easy loop for family and pet

We live close to the trail and this is one we love to hit up when we need to get out! Beautiful views, easy parking, great trail!

Nice trail for a quick morning hike and calorie burn.

Easy trail with really beautiful views. My friend and I did the trail in the late afternoon which was really nice. Not too many people/dogs, sizable parking lot and clearly marked directions along the way.

Beautiful trail close to Denver. Easy, nice path, well maintained. Nice views of the foothills and red rocks formations. Highly recommend for an easy day hike.

Saw a coyote so that was enjoyable. Easy basic trail sign a steady incline. High trafficked trail.

Parked at north trailhead- beautiful scenery , wildflowers and a few birds. Many intersecting trails so slightly confusing. gravelly and sandy at parts so might not be for strollers or the non surefooted. Very little shade. JeffCo does an impeccable job of maintaining trails. Toilet and picnic table at trail head. My dog loved It!

Fun trail on a beautiful Colorado day. Lots of people and dogs on the trail. Me and my 4 year old did the loop.

Very quiet! Signage a little confusing

So beautiful! Easy for anybody to do and I loved all the sweet dogs on the trail. Came here on a beautiful day with perfect weather and was rejuvenated afterwards :) nice gem close to my place in Littleton, 20 mins away.

You enter this trail from the other side of South Valley Park Trai. Absolutely beautiful and enjoyable. Quick hike/run was perfect for snowy morning.

I have to say this trail a total surprise! So beautiful and cozy, quiet and perfect place for meditation!! This was not a challenged trail but great with kids, dogs and nice slow walk or trail running. I'd come back here to do another trail next time!

Every other person had a dog; it was lovely! i ended up at South Vslley Park because Deer Creek Canyon was closed due to significant mud. i was suprised by the beautiful scenery. I was solo hiking, so I didn't mind that it was well trafficked today. I heard someone on the trail say that they've never seen it so busy, so I imagine future hikes won't be as crowded. it was very easy hiking, but not boring by any means. I started on coyote song, hopped over to columbine trail loop, and back to coyote song. I came back to the parking lot via swallow trail. It ended up being just a little over 5 miles.

a bit of incline.. beautiful hike and not to busy! love it

Our first trail in Colorado, it was beautiful. The rock formations amazed me. The other people and dogs were all really friendly. Even saw some wildlife. I’m astonished it is only a county open space park.

this is a heavily populated trail. it has very cool rock formations.

Great for a leisurely stroll! Beautiful scenery, will be significantly better once there’s more life in the summer. Strange point in the loop where you walk on the road for a bit. Nice trail otherwise. Earlier the better to avoid the afternoon/early evening crowd.

Wide open easy trail. Took my dog. Enjoyed it. Pretty busy.

Very easy and fun trail! My dog loved it :)

The trail is very well maintained and an easy hike. Nice views and some beautiful rock formations. The only things I didn’t like about it are that the “lake” is really just a small man-made pond, and for most of the trail you can see the road and hear traffic...I prefer a little more secluded feeling. It was fairly busy on a Friday mid-morning also.

Nicely maintained Trail and was very mellow. Easy and mostly flat. Would be very hot in the summer with no shade coverage.

A mostly gravel trail, with some ice, and places with space to walk two side by side. All ages were out on the trail. Two parking lots-the northern one is off road, larger and has access to rest rooms.

Very nice hike

Perfect short and sweet hike when you're short on time. Trail was snowy today and while boots were needed, traction devices weren't necessary. Some people were wearing them, though.

Good after dinner or anytime hike with great views