Coyote Song Trail Loop

Coyote Song Trail Loop is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Littleton, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice trail. Wide trail, good one to take the kids. Go early, very sunny, no shade. First mile or so is a gentle up hill. Beautiful rock formations! Close to Denver. Coyote trail is not clearly marked on the return, bring a map along.

Love this trail. The rock formations are beautiful.

good challenge for 60+ crowd. mountain lion seen high on cliffs abt 10.45am. lots of flower and fauna variety in bloom. late june. got startled by a biker from behind. people left doggie poo bags..we saw 2 just dropped at trailside. #leavenotrace

Beautiful place

definitely a hot hike! best at sunset or early morning. not much shade. but very pretty and easy for kids

Beautiful views, gentle slope, easy access!

beautiful scenery

Easy hike with great scenery and only 30 minutes from Denver. Went on a Saturday morning and lot was almost full by 9am so get there early on the weekends.

Nice stroll through open space. Lots of birds and beautiful rock formations. Gentle

This trail is our daily walk after dinner. Close to home with beautiful valley views. Wildflowers are sparse however birds are plentiful. We enjoy the temperature changes throughout the walk.

Easy hike.

Such a great park for an evening stroll. The people were friendly, the trail was gentle and there was lots of wildlife and scenery to enjoy.

Well trafficked trail on Memorial day weekend. Easy going trail with some good views and awesome wildlife. Finished in under an hour with plenty of time to take it all in.

easy loop for family and pet

We live close to the trail and this is one we love to hit up when we need to get out! Beautiful views, easy parking, great trail!

Nice trail for a quick morning hike and calorie burn.

Easy trail with really beautiful views. My friend and I did the trail in the late afternoon which was really nice. Not too many people/dogs, sizable parking lot and clearly marked directions along the way.

Beautiful trail close to Denver. Easy, nice path, well maintained. Nice views of the foothills and red rocks formations. Highly recommend for an easy day hike.

Saw a coyote so that was enjoyable. Easy basic trail sign a steady incline. High trafficked trail.

Parked at north trailhead- beautiful scenery , wildflowers and a few birds. Many intersecting trails so slightly confusing. gravelly and sandy at parts so might not be for strollers or the non surefooted. Very little shade. JeffCo does an impeccable job of maintaining trails. Toilet and picnic table at trail head. My dog loved It!

Fun trail on a beautiful Colorado day. Lots of people and dogs on the trail. Me and my 4 year old did the loop.

Very quiet! Signage a little confusing

So beautiful! Easy for anybody to do and I loved all the sweet dogs on the trail. Came here on a beautiful day with perfect weather and was rejuvenated afterwards :) nice gem close to my place in Littleton, 20 mins away.

You enter this trail from the other side of South Valley Park Trai. Absolutely beautiful and enjoyable. Quick hike/run was perfect for snowy morning.

I have to say this trail a total surprise! So beautiful and cozy, quiet and perfect place for meditation!! This was not a challenged trail but great with kids, dogs and nice slow walk or trail running. I'd come back here to do another trail next time!

Every other person had a dog; it was lovely! i ended up at South Vslley Park because Deer Creek Canyon was closed due to significant mud. i was suprised by the beautiful scenery. I was solo hiking, so I didn't mind that it was well trafficked today. I heard someone on the trail say that they've never seen it so busy, so I imagine future hikes won't be as crowded. it was very easy hiking, but not boring by any means. I started on coyote song, hopped over to columbine trail loop, and back to coyote song. I came back to the parking lot via swallow trail. It ended up being just a little over 5 miles.

a bit of incline.. beautiful hike and not to busy! love it

Our first trail in Colorado, it was beautiful. The rock formations amazed me. The other people and dogs were all really friendly. Even saw some wildlife. I’m astonished it is only a county open space park.

this is a heavily populated trail. it has very cool rock formations.