Coyote Song Trail Loop

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(932)
South Valley Park

Coyote Song Trail Loop is a 4.8 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Littleton, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.8 km Elevation Gain: 98 m Route Type: Loop

Pretty trail, but was a bit crowded.

The scenery was beautiful and so green this past weekend!

recorded Coyote Song Trail Loop

Scenic easy loop.

Great running trail! I decided to do a 10K (since boulder boulder is canceled) and it was quite the challenging run! Lots of uphill but it wasn’t crowded. There was mud due to the rain we got last night but I’m sure it will be gone by tomorrow!

Really pretty views but way too crowded and too much fencing for me to enjoy myself.

I really enjoyed this trail. There is a lot of wildlife and some wild flowers. The views are beautiful and the trail is fairly short and easy! However there are quite a few people and very little shade.

We were looking for an easy trail for a 7 year old and 3 year old. There is a bit of elevation change but everything is pretty easy and there are some nice views of the rock formations. There was a rattlesnake on the trail ahead of us and then he made his way into the grass. It was a beautiful day on memorial day weekend so the trail was pretty busy. Lots of families so it is definitely kid friendly.

Great trail with an opportunity to see lots of wildlife.

Very visual, beautiful scenery. We went on Memorial Day weekend and it was probably the most busiest times to go, with saying that, the views outweighed the crowd. We will be back for sure on a weekday.

Short easy hike surrounded by beautiful rock formations. No shade. Very busy on a late Sunday morning. Most people were not wearing face coverings.

Great quick trail in foothills with beautiful views. Lots of mountain bikers so pay attention!

Well maintained, fantastic rock formations, and a very kid and dog friendly trail. The views are great, tucked away in a quiet corner of the city.

Beautiful rock formations!! Very easy hike... As a dog owner I was horribly disappointed in the amount of doggie poop bags left along the trail. There is absolutely no shade so sunscreen is a must and a cool day is ideal. Let and lots of people here today, Mother’s Day.

Really mild open space trail with stunning views. Red rocks, prairies, and a choose your own limit. Loved it!

Decent family trail - 1/4 was on the road. Equal amounts of shade and sun. Equal amounts of up and downhill hiking.

Beautiful views, but know there is no shade. Also, towards the halfway point, if you want to do the loop, follow the sign that says “to the parking lot”. If you continue straight, it’s more of a bike path that takes you to a main road. Would be a great hike for a chilly day.

Easy little trail, perfect for a scenic dog walk. Definitely no crazy hike, but the views are what really keeps me going back.

To clarify, I was on a mountain bike. The trail started off great with some nice hills and a decent climb to the middle of the loop, where things went badly from there. Firstly, you have to take the trail to the right at the fork, which is called Coyote Song Trail, or you've just ended your journey. The area around the "reservoir", which is Swallow Trail and also the loop back, is for pedestrians only, NO BIKES ALLOWED! I even tried complying by walking my bike, but a park ranger quickly swooped in and said you can't do that. I told her I understand the intent of not allowing bikes to "ride" on the trail, but to prohibit someone walking their bikes is taking things far too literally. I asked the park ranger why that was and the response was "hikers don't want that". I got a little upset about it and apologized to the park ranger and let her know I was frustrated with the policy, not her and that I understood that she was just enforcing the rules, to which she responded "No, I make the rules!". Needless to say, we left the area and decided to ride the main road back to the trail. As I drove away from the area I started to notice more and more signs on ride restrictions for bikes being on the trails, which to be honest, I've only really seen in Jefferson County, where this open space is. I'm sure there are other trails like this, but these types of restrictions seemed to be much more abundant in this county. I think I'll stay out of Jefferson County for awhile. Plenty of other areas to ride. So heads up on this trail for mountain bikers, otherwise it's a good trail to hike and some decent scenery.

Good beginner trail, well-maintained. Confusing trail markings, but we made it!

Easy trail for a morning hike that wasn’t too far from the city! Start early in the morning to find parking and less people, it got crowded by 9 AM

Great easy trail if your looking to take your dog. We always go right before the sun sets. Great views of deer and mountains.

Beautiful easy trail nearby.

Beautiful red rocks scenery, easy flat hike. Many people with masks though many without. Rangers in the parking lot were counting the amount of masks and letting unmasked people know that they should be wearing one. Fair amount of good social distancing practices on the trail, but per usual there are groups of 8+ people with no concern for others. Either way, a fun and easy hike for a lazy Sunday. Note that this trail has little to no shade.

I went on this hike yesterday with my girlfriend and our dog and the weather was nice ! I have no complaints other than the little bit of snow that caused it to be a bit muddy. I still enjoyed the hike ! Everyone is supper nice and honestly the hike it’s self is 10/10. I would recommend it and I got some really good pictures !

A bit busy.

Great trail. Just addressing the lady that says great trial but nobody was social distancing and so gave it 3 stars. You’re giving people 3 stars, not the trail. Shame on YOU!

This trail is great, however, apparently no one watches the news. No one was social distancing or wearing masks (despite the sign at the trail head telling people to). Groups of 2, 3, 4 people didn’t even try to get to the side of the trail to maybe be 2 feet away from me. No common sense. Shame on all of you!