Coyote Ridge Trail

Coyote Ridge Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Fort Collins, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Nice workout and great front range views.

Great riding! Challenging climbs but fun and fast downhill

Fun little trail with beautiful views at the top of the ridge and the while way up. Snakes are plentiful but I’ve only spoken to people who have seen them- I have yet to see one. We saw mule deer mom and fawns. Many wildflowers. Beautiful rises and ridges. Great hike with kiddos or older folks too.

Decent trail, good workout on a bike, didn’t make it through the whole thing but enjoyed the bike up! Very rocky though, will definitely being going back to finish the whole thing.

Nice trail close to home. Great views of the Front Range. Rocky, no shade. Connects to many other trails. Saw mule deer.

Loved the hike with my family, 3 generations hiked together and we are all at different skill levels! It is amazing for family and anyone who wants to enjoy a simpler hike!

This is a great hike! Last time I tried to do this trail it was way way too muddy about halfway up. But today it was perfect! I went around noon and was out for a couple hours, my tracker said 4.5 miles by the time I got back to the car. Make sure to wear sunscreen as there is no tree cover and bring lots of water. It was about 90 degrees today and sunny but I still enjoyed the hike! Pretty easy hike with lots of flat areas and a few hogbacks. Great 360 view at the top!

Beautiful 360 degree views at the top.

Beautiful views. If you enjoy grasslands and hogbacks you’ll enjoy it. I usually like trails with some tree cover, so I went on a cool cloudy day and it was perfect! A few mountain bikers and hikers. Everyone was refreshingly friendly!

My husband and I loved it. It was a very easy hike with beautiful views the entire way. It took us about 2 hours round trip. We will definitely do it again!

Nice, easy hike with beautiful views! Once you’re at the top of the ridge, on one side are the beautiful mountains and the other side has the city. Took us about 2 hours round trip and I would totally recommend it to anyone looking for an easy challenge.

I carried my 3 year old in the pack and it was totally doable! The trail was smooth for the most part, wide, and easy to access. I am by no means a hiker or in great shape and this was a perfect start for a beginner like me. Next time I will also bring my 5 year old who would easily be able to walk this trail!

Very pretty trail with great views of the hog backs of the foothills. Really muddy in parts due to yesterday’s light snow.

Did this trail a couple of days ago & has a beautiful view at the top!

I love this spot :) This a beautiful fall hike with lots of color and a wide open peaceful feeling.

A good solid three star. Nothing too excited to see but it is quick hike close to town.

Nice hike close to town. Good for trail running or just a nice easy hike.

You can view some prairie dogs, rocks, and grass along the trip. The view of Loveland is solid, and once you get to the top there's a good view of the Rockies. We were able to see some damage from the fire which was interesting as well.

All in all, I prefer to hike through wooded areas with more foliage and will look for other trails. There was some small consistent incline, so if I lived closer I would probably go back occasionally to do a nice quick work out walk.

Go early ! There really isn't any shade and it gets hot ! But it's a good, nice hike to do! Family friendly ! Watch out for bikes

This would be a cool place to watch the sunrise, with no trees you can see forever. The view at the top was cool. Pay attention, there are a lot of mountain bikers and runners.

About 7 miles round trip if you continue onto rim rock. Not much shade so it's a good one for a cloudy day. Birds and prairie dogs. Good option if you want to stay local.

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Beautiful, stark landscape dotted periodically with trees. Lots of wildlife in the vicinity. Awesome veiw from the top- an excellent choice for sunrise hikes!

Friday, August 04, 2017

Rocky in a lot of places. Ankle breaker trail. Nice once you get to the top. I would run it again/

Friday, July 28, 2017

Took this trail in May. Saw my first rattlesnake which was pretty cool. Rocky and warm.

Sunday, July 02, 2017

I run out here often. it can get pretty hot as there is very little shade so start early. Starting early will help decrease snake encounters as well. I would consider the trail moderate in difficulty. You get some good hill work and running back downhill can be a little tricky as it is VERY rocky. The views are great though and you can hop onto Blue Sky Trail very easily to extend your route. Lots of mountain bikers so always leave one headphone out if you're wearing them!

Friday, June 23, 2017

Actually 5 miles out and back. Very nice and easy trail.

Tuesday, June 06, 2017

The first mile is not impressive. Absolutely no shade, so load up on SPF. The wildlife makes it bearable.

The second mile is several steep switch backs leading up to the peak.

An impressive view of the foothills. Stick it out for the top.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Very nice, easy trail. Saw about 12 deer at the top of the ridge. They let you get real close so I'm guessing this trail can get pretty busy. The views at the top are very nice and you can see blue sky all around you, which is a sight I'm not used to. Makes you feel small, but in the good kind of way, haha.

Monday, May 22, 2017

it was a easier than I remember it being when I helped dig a lot of it years ago.

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Nice easy hike. Did it within two hours, and the views are nice!