Coyote Ridge Trail

Coyote Ridge Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Fort Collins, Colorado that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

1 hour ago

Good trail, clear day, not sunny when we hiked, but there is no shade along the trail. Would be a good family hike

One of the best elevation training runs under 5 miles. Lots of elevation gain going up but easy fun on the way down. Run this almost once a week. Good for hiking. Watch out for rattlesnakes.

Lots of deer roaming near the trail and the cabin! No snakes out yet. Starting to get a little greener.

Wonderful view of the hog backs. It’s a nice Sunday walk. The prairie dogs are adorable. There’s a bit of mud in a couple of spots but overall wonderful hike

Nice easy Valentine's day hike. I only like this hike in the winter month when there are no snakes. We did see a herd of deer which added to the nice little hike.

I love this trail for good memories. It was my 1st in Fort Collins when I moved here. Nice view of the city and alwyas busy. I go there often for a relaxing hike

A favorite for viewing the prairie dog community. Beautiful views - all levels

Super well-marked, fun trail to run. The elevation gain is gradual enough that it's a good workout, but not killer. Trail is really rocky in some sections, though, which makes running a little more hazardous, but not impossible.

went further today!!

A very nice trail to start of 2019. Nice views at the top of the trail. Great photo ops.

Great hike for winter! Beautiful views with lots of warm sun. No dogs, but fun for kids on bikes. Little steep at times but overall great for the entire fam!

great day. Busy but, good. I will be back.☺

No dogs allowed. Easy enough hike with decent views. Better hikes that allow my dog though.

it is one of my favorite trails and the prairie dogs are sooo cute

Great little trail with nice views

great trail to run one of my favorites.

Cute little trail that's nice in the mornings and evenings (to avoid the sun). No shade, but very nice views and wildlife. A little bit rocky but most of the trail is well maintained and good for beginners or kiddos.

Nice surface to walk - a challenging slope at times. was thankful for the shade of the ridge on the last stretch up. the only wildlife I saw were the prairie dogs in the first part of the trail.

Pretty steep near the end, fun trail though. Definitely be ready for some cardio

Nice workout and great front range views.

Great riding! Challenging climbs but fun and fast downhill

Fun little trail with beautiful views at the top of the ridge and the while way up. Snakes are plentiful but I’ve only spoken to people who have seen them- I have yet to see one. We saw mule deer mom and fawns. Many wildflowers. Beautiful rises and ridges. Great hike with kiddos or older folks too.

Decent trail, good workout on a bike, didn’t make it through the whole thing but enjoyed the bike up! Very rocky though, will definitely being going back to finish the whole thing.

Nice trail close to home. Great views of the Front Range. Rocky, no shade. Connects to many other trails. Saw mule deer.

Loved the hike with my family, 3 generations hiked together and we are all at different skill levels! It is amazing for family and anyone who wants to enjoy a simpler hike!

This is a great hike! Last time I tried to do this trail it was way way too muddy about halfway up. But today it was perfect! I went around noon and was out for a couple hours, my tracker said 4.5 miles by the time I got back to the car. Make sure to wear sunscreen as there is no tree cover and bring lots of water. It was about 90 degrees today and sunny but I still enjoyed the hike! Pretty easy hike with lots of flat areas and a few hogbacks. Great 360 view at the top!

Our Coyote Ridge hike started in the morning, around 7:30am. The parking area is smallish but at that hour there were plenty of spaces. In the beginning the walk is very easy and flat. Prairie dogs to the right and left kept us occupied as we walked. Once you get to the house the hike uphill begins in earnest. Not difficult, just uphill. We took a bathroom (on sight) break and continued on. The trail is very rocky and although we did not use hiking poles going up we did coming back down. Once you get to the top, via 2 to 3 switchbacks, the views are nice in all directions. We decided to descend into the next valley, walked across the floor and up the next hogs back. Easy walking with lots of other hikers and bikers, pays to watch what’s going on around you. Venturing up to the next ridge we spotted a deer, spying on us from the ridge we just walked around. Nature at its best. That ridge has even better views, again in all directions. We opted to stop there for the day and make our turn back home. This is a well traveled trail and there was not a moment of solitude. If you know that going in then this is an awesome hike. See you on the trails!

Beautiful 360 degree views at the top.

Beautiful views. If you enjoy grasslands and hogbacks you’ll enjoy it. I usually like trails with some tree cover, so I went on a cool cloudy day and it was perfect! A few mountain bikers and hikers. Everyone was refreshingly friendly!

Tuesday, April 03, 2018

My husband and I loved it. It was a very easy hike with beautiful views the entire way. It took us about 2 hours round trip. We will definitely do it again!