Colorow Trail

Colorow Trail is a 3.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near New Castle, Colorado that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great little quick hike located on the north side of Castle Valley Ranch subdivision. Steep climb up to overlook the Colorado River Valley and then back down. This trail is closed December 1 to March 1.

Loved this trail. The minute you step onto the trail you immediately feel like you've left society and disappear into the woods although your right on the out-skirts of town still. It was a 15 minute drive from my house in Silt making it an easy trip. I took my dogs of 2 years and 4 months and they loved it. The beginning of the hike is steadily uphill and it really got my calves, hamstrings, and gluteus in action. While the rest of the trip was steadily downhill and really got my shins and thighs burning. Would not recommend for somebody with bad knees, but would highly recommend for someone's who's looking for a bit more than just a walk around the park. Will return.

The trail provides a scenic overlook of New Castle and it's ever growing subdivisions. It is moderate with some hard inclines at times. There are several unmarked (not much of anything is marked) trails that may or may not go to the main trail. It's worth doing once but I don't feel the need to go back. A great convenience for locals with dogs, I'm sure.

I really liked this trail it had the perfect amount of steep areas and level ground areas. Lots of shade and a beautiful view of new castle from the top. on the way down there were a number of forks with no clear markers as to which was the main trail so we ended up making a little detour but luckily it seemed as though most of those off trails meet back up with the main trail at one point or another. if you're not familiar with the trail I'd suggest periodically checking the map to make sure you're goi bf the right way! overall a beautiful hike.

Love this one!!! Really great views of our awesome town. This is a favorite to do regularly.

Good hike. I wasn't in the best shape, and boy was it a climb! I didn't make it all the way out to the overlook as I was on a time crunch, but was a good spot. Hoping to make it back soon to do the whole thing. Make sure you bring water!

A pleasant forty minutes to the overlook spur. A great view of New Castle and surround topography. I went somewhat early and was greeted by neighbors walking dogs around the trailhead.

Pretty hike above the water tank.