Colorow Trail

Colorow Trail is a 3.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near New Castle, Colorado that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from March until November.

Great little quick hike located on the north side of Castle Valley Ranch subdivision. Steep climb up to overlook the Colorado River Valley and then back down. This trail is closed December 1 to March 1.

The trail provides a scenic overlook of New Castle and it's ever growing subdivisions. It is moderate with some hard inclines at times. There are several unmarked (not much of anything is marked) trails that may or may not go to the main trail. It's worth doing once but I don't feel the need to go back. A great convenience for locals with dogs, I'm sure.

I really liked this trail it had the perfect amount of steep areas and level ground areas. Lots of shade and a beautiful view of new castle from the top. on the way down there were a number of forks with no clear markers as to which was the main trail so we ended up making a little detour but luckily it seemed as though most of those off trails meet back up with the main trail at one point or another. if you're not familiar with the trail I'd suggest periodically checking the map to make sure you're goi bf the right way! overall a beautiful hike.

Love this one!!! Really great views of our awesome town. This is a favorite to do regularly.

Good hike. I wasn't in the best shape, and boy was it a climb! I didn't make it all the way out to the overlook as I was on a time crunch, but was a good spot. Hoping to make it back soon to do the whole thing. Make sure you bring water!

A pleasant forty minutes to the overlook spur. A great view of New Castle and surround topography. I went somewhat early and was greeted by neighbors walking dogs around the trailhead.

Pretty hike above the water tank.

nice quiet clean trail. hiked to the spur overlook, beautiful view! took us 1 hr 10 minutes total

I hike it all the time. Love it!

A little hard to find the trail at first. The map had it marked to start in the town part of New Castle, but it's more up north into the neighborhood. We parked at Alder Park and went on the trail just across Alder Ave. Once you find the trail, it's pretty clearly marked. If you come the way we did, make sure to go straight when you have the option to go left, right, or straight about a 1/4 mile in.

We went during the week on a Wednesday and didn't see a single person the entire time.

The hike is decently challenging for those who hike infrequently. The view at the top overlooking New Castle is a good one. Worth the climb.