Seven Falls to Inspiration Point

moderate 112 reviews

Seven Falls to Inspiration Point is a 3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.0 miles Elevation Gain: 770 feet Route Type: Out & Back

paved

fee

NOTE: As of January 2020, this trail is closed until February 28. There is a $14.50 entry fee for adults.

It's closed until February 28. we attempted to go today and the gates were locked.

fee
private property

Crowded, $15 entry fee, still pretty nice to see

The view was not worth the $15.50 fee per person in my opinion. If anything, the 224 steps were good exercise.

Broadmoor Seven Falls - 224 Steps and hiking

Beautiful falls, but take the staircase closest to the falls and follow the signs to get to Inspiration Point (trails to the left). Mostly shaded. The views are beautiful and worth the extra distance to enjoy some stunning panoramic views! Saw some zip lining tours in the area along the trail . This would be an incredible place to zip line—want to do that next visit. Didn’t see a place to fill water bottles, so be sure to bring enough with you.

Nice views, easy trail. Downside is there’s a fee to get it but I think it’s worth it!

Beautiful views. For military it was $13. I think its worth it if you hike the 2 trails at the top. Definitively do inspiration falls. Views are amazing! Mission falls is less exciting.

Wanted to go to dinner at 1858 with 3 other people and they wanted charged 15.50 a person to get in the park. What a waste of time and money that was a joke

Great trail. View is awesome.

Great trail with some amazing views of the city at the top. Combined with the steps it makes for a nice, quick workout. The switchbacks have loose gravel so I did slip a little on the way down. I had a free pass for Seven Falls and I do recommend seeing the falls at least once but I wouldn’t pay just to do the trail.

Nice little hike. The stairs were awesome. The falls are small but looks amazing, especially when it gets dark and the lights come on. The view on top of Inspiration Trail was phenomenal. If you’re a little adventurous, you can climb rocks. All in all a great hike.

There are MUCH better hikes that do not cost $15.00 per person plus 2.00 for a shuttle/tram ride. Lunch for 2 at Restraunt 1858 (located at the base of the falls) was 75.00 and on a 100 degree day you can expect to $$$$ on water. However, my son and I still had FUN! Who doesn’t want to see hanging baskets on a waterfall hike!:)

Beautiful trail. It’s worth the cost because it helps pay for trail markers. The park needs more shuttles running to pick up folks coming and going.

We went with our two kids, 12 and 9 and our golden doodle. We had a great time. The hardest part is climbing the stairs but that was about 5 minutes out of the 3 hours we were there. Weather was perfect for this hike.

Good for people visiting from out of town. Could be challenging for those who have not dealt with altitude yet and aren’t big hikers. Just take your time! There’s lots to see. Shame you have to pay. We parked in the low lots and hiked up to the gate. Made for a longer trip which is what we were aiming for.

Completed this trail on a whim last summer in late May after venturing to Seven Falls. We only really planned to see the falls and climb the stairs, but after reaching that point decided to make the trek up to Inspiration Point. The view at the top was definitely worth it, but the trail was very steep. Make sure to bring water for this one! Only wish it didn’t cost so much to even enter the area.

I went with my family on a cloudy day. I am from out of state so climbing some of the stairs at such a high altitude then what I am used to tired me out real quick. The view anywhere will always be worth the pain and the tiredness. This trail was one that falls under that category for me.

stunning views at the top!

The stairs are steep and narrow

Fri Oct 19 2018

Very heavy traffic of seven falls but once you climb the stairs of the waterfall, all you smell is pine. So amazing! Then the inspiration point trail leads to Gorgeous views!! Definitely worth it.

Tue Sep 25 2018

The walk to seven falls is very touristy. Parking has to be done off-site, with a shuttle taking you to the entrance gate and ticket booth at a cost of $14.50 per adult. They even offer a tram to take you the 0.8 miles from the entrance gate to the base of the falls, for an extra $2.00 fee. The walk to the falls is paved paths. Even the creek itself has had man-made modifications to it. It's a lot of stairs (224) going up to the top of the falls, with one very small landing area at the halfway point. A number of people stopped on the stairs to take breaks, which made traffic flow rather slow. The hike to inspiration point was far less commercialized and far less busy with a rather mild climb to the top. The view at the top of Inspiration Point, however, was great!

Fri Sep 21 2018

It was a nice afternoon hike. Dogs are able to go on leash. Make sure they can handle stairs. A little bummed my dog couldn’t get in water, she’s a retriever and loves water. Has a parasite in it. There are about 280 steps to the top of the falls to get to the actually hiking trial. Killer on the knees especially with a young eager pup pulling me! But it was great for the family. They had a lot of fun. Very easy trails once you make it up the stairs. I shoulda brought more water. I knew I was sharing with the pup, but didn’t realize there would be no water for her to cook off in. (It is clearly stated on website and I missed the whole parasite part). They have zip lining and tours that are very pricey. It’s privately owned by broadmoor, but some people were parking and going to a near by public trail. Would be nice to explore that. Parking was a little jacked. Got to the top and was sent back down to park in a lot about 3 miles away and take a shuttle back.

Sat Aug 18 2018

We went in August and there wasn’t a high volume of water in the falls. Might be better in May or June with the snow melt. We went mainly to see the Falls, but being able to hike to Inspiration Point after climbing up the stairs was a nice addition. The view at the Point was of the city, which was just ok. I wouldn’t call It inspiring though

Tue Aug 14 2018

Once you get over the fact that you “had to pay to see Seven Falls” and you’ve mustered the courage to climb 224 stairs, this is a pretty cool trail with a heck of a payoff of a view at the end. It was my first hike on our weekend out here in Colorado Springs and it was definitely taxing but cool and I’m glad I did it.

Mon Jul 30 2018

Had to take a bus to get to the entry and pay $14.50 but once we were there is was beautiful... the stairs were tough but doable. Climbing the stairs right next to and over the falls was breathtaking. The ziplines above looked fun but expensive.

Sun Jul 15 2018

it was neat to see but as reviews say it's very commercialized. However the view at top of inspiration point was great.

Sun Jul 08 2018

This is fun if you dont hike much but love stairs. Another fun place to take flat earthers