Seven Falls to Inspiration Point

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(188)
North Cheyenne Cañon Park

Seven Falls to Inspiration Point is a 3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Colorado Springs, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.0 miles Elevation Gain: 770 feet Route Type: Out & Back

partially paved

fee

NOTE: There is a $15 entry fee for adults. Visitors must park at the Broadmoor, and then take a free shuttle to the Seven Falls. The first part of the route is a paved road, leading to the falls area. You'll then arrive at the falls, where there is a restaurant, bathrooms, information kiosks, and a long staircase up to the top of the falls. The route on this page also has the hiker visiting Inspiration Point, a beautiful overlook, just a short hike from the falls.

Don't waste your money paying for this. There are tons of beautiful hikes all over Colorado that do not cost money

It's closed until February 28. we attempted to go today and the gates were locked.

fee
private property

Crowded, $15 entry fee, still pretty nice to see

The view was not worth the $15.50 fee per person in my opinion. If anything, the 224 steps were good exercise.

Broadmoor Seven Falls - 224 Steps and hiking

Beautiful falls, but take the staircase closest to the falls and follow the signs to get to Inspiration Point (trails to the left). Mostly shaded. The views are beautiful and worth the extra distance to enjoy some stunning panoramic views! Saw some zip lining tours in the area along the trail . This would be an incredible place to zip line—want to do that next visit. Didn’t see a place to fill water bottles, so be sure to bring enough with you.

Nice views, easy trail. Downside is there’s a fee to get it but I think it’s worth it!

Beautiful views. For military it was $13. I think its worth it if you hike the 2 trails at the top. Definitively do inspiration falls. Views are amazing! Mission falls is less exciting.

Wanted to go to dinner at 1858 with 3 other people and they wanted charged 15.50 a person to get in the park. What a waste of time and money that was a joke

You will come to an entrance for Seven Falls which is owned by the Broadmoor. They charge $15.5/pp to continue the hike to the falls. NO THANK YOU!!!

Great trail. View is awesome.

Great trail with some amazing views of the city at the top. Combined with the steps it makes for a nice, quick workout. The switchbacks have loose gravel so I did slip a little on the way down. I had a free pass for Seven Falls and I do recommend seeing the falls at least once but I wouldn’t pay just to do the trail.

Nice little hike. The stairs were awesome. The falls are small but looks amazing, especially when it gets dark and the lights come on. The view on top of Inspiration Trail was phenomenal. If you’re a little adventurous, you can climb rocks. All in all a great hike.

We enjoyed hiking this trail. However, the 2 drawbacks were that the first mile is partially trail and partial road inside the park. Once you get to the stairs and get to the top it was amazing.The second bad part is the fee, $15 per adult. This is expensive for what I got out of the money. The trail at the top is beautiful. The moderate level is more for the incline on the stairs and the hike to the top. My device said just over 1000 feet of elevation.

There are MUCH better hikes that do not cost $15.00 per person plus 2.00 for a shuttle/tram ride. Lunch for 2 at Restraunt 1858 (located at the base of the falls) was 75.00 and on a 100 degree day you can expect to $$$$ on water. However, my son and I still had FUN! Who doesn’t want to see hanging baskets on a waterfall hike!:)

Beautiful trail. It’s worth the cost because it helps pay for trail markers. The park needs more shuttles running to pick up folks coming and going.

We went with our two kids, 12 and 9 and our golden doodle. We had a great time. The hardest part is climbing the stairs but that was about 5 minutes out of the 3 hours we were there. Weather was perfect for this hike.

Good for people visiting from out of town. Could be challenging for those who have not dealt with altitude yet and aren’t big hikers. Just take your time! There’s lots to see. Shame you have to pay. We parked in the low lots and hiked up to the gate. Made for a longer trip which is what we were aiming for.

Completed this trail on a whim last summer in late May after venturing to Seven Falls. We only really planned to see the falls and climb the stairs, but after reaching that point decided to make the trek up to Inspiration Point. The view at the top was definitely worth it, but the trail was very steep. Make sure to bring water for this one! Only wish it didn’t cost so much to even enter the area.

Mon May 20 2019

I went with my family on a cloudy day. I am from out of state so climbing some of the stairs at such a high altitude then what I am used to tired me out real quick. The view anywhere will always be worth the pain and the tiredness. This trail was one that falls under that category for me.

Sat May 18 2019

stunning views at the top!

The stairs are steep and narrow

Sun Dec 30 2018

Had the pleasure of zip-lining through the canyon and hiking the remainder to the falls.

Fri Oct 19 2018

Very heavy traffic of seven falls but once you climb the stairs of the waterfall, all you smell is pine. So amazing! Then the inspiration point trail leads to Gorgeous views!! Definitely worth it.

Tue Sep 25 2018

The walk to seven falls is very touristy. Parking has to be done off-site, with a shuttle taking you to the entrance gate and ticket booth at a cost of $14.50 per adult. They even offer a tram to take you the 0.8 miles from the entrance gate to the base of the falls, for an extra $2.00 fee. The walk to the falls is paved paths. Even the creek itself has had man-made modifications to it. It's a lot of stairs (224) going up to the top of the falls, with one very small landing area at the halfway point. A number of people stopped on the stairs to take breaks, which made traffic flow rather slow. The hike to inspiration point was far less commercialized and far less busy with a rather mild climb to the top. The view at the top of Inspiration Point, however, was great!

Fri Sep 21 2018

It was a nice afternoon hike. Dogs are able to go on leash. Make sure they can handle stairs. A little bummed my dog couldn’t get in water, she’s a retriever and loves water. Has a parasite in it. There are about 280 steps to the top of the falls to get to the actually hiking trial. Killer on the knees especially with a young eager pup pulling me! But it was great for the family. They had a lot of fun. Very easy trails once you make it up the stairs. I shoulda brought more water. I knew I was sharing with the pup, but didn’t realize there would be no water for her to cook off in. (It is clearly stated on website and I missed the whole parasite part). They have zip lining and tours that are very pricey. It’s privately owned by broadmoor, but some people were parking and going to a near by public trail. Would be nice to explore that. Parking was a little jacked. Got to the top and was sent back down to park in a lot about 3 miles away and take a shuttle back.

Sun Aug 26 2018

Beautiful trek! Not a fan of coming down the stairs. Next time I’m definitely getting on the zip line!