Colorado Mines Peak and Blue Lake Trail

Colorado Mines Peak and Blue Lake Trail is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Idaho Springs, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and snowshoeing and is best used from June until August. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Easy Hike for kids ranging 4 to 13, Pretty views at top.

I did this hike a few days ago, and it was beautiful! I live in the metro area, and the elevation didn't get to me too much on the main trail. I tried to make it to Blue Lake, which was amazing from the top, but it was a very steep hike down and it looked like it would be miserable to climb back up.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Monday, September 12, 2016

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Amazing views from beginning to end! Make sure to go in the morning to get back before afternoon storms roll in.

Saturday, January 02, 2016

Monday, January 26, 2015

Fun spring snow hike. (5-2014)

Tuesday, July 01, 2014

This was my first hike at this elevation, and the 1.5 mile climb up the mountain took me a solid 90 minutes. I had to stop frequently to catch my breath and drink water. Fortunately the trail itself is rather easy: it's basically a dirt road that zig zags up the mountain. But the elevation can get to you, at least if you're from out of town like me.

The views on the hike and from the summit are incredible. Makes the drive from Denver (75 minutes) and the hike completely worth it.

Apparently it gets crowded on weekends, but I hiked this on a Monday morning and there was not a single person on the mountain until I made my descent (which took half as long as my ascent).