Clinton Gulch Dam Reservoir

Clinton Gulch Dam Reservoir is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Copper Mountain, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Beautiful views and only took a little over an hour to hike the entire loop. Some uphill slopes but nothing extreme or difficult. Super peaceful and relaxing!

Our family enjoyed this hike. Lots of beautiful trees, flowers, and scenic views. In my opinion, it is between easy and moderate. A little rocky and wet in places, with some tree roots to step over. A walking stick is helpful! It was not crowded on a Friday morning, and we had fun looking for fish in the lake. We took a leisurely pace and finished in about 3 hours. Our kids said it was their favorite hike so far--they are 12,13, and 16.

Loved it! Great for kids, although there are a few rocky/muddy sections that our 4yo needed help with. Stunning views!

We loved this trail, even though we didn’t do the entire loop. Ended up walking along the lake shore, skipping rocks and enjoying the afternoon. Not a super crowded spot. Fun place to end the day or take kids/friends to hang out outdoors.
Something to note though: we spent our afternoon on the left side of the trail, but heard a few very disturbing screams from the woods on the other side around 4pm. Couldn’t tell if they were human or cat like (or both), but they were a little bit haunting...just something to keep in mind when in the area.

I loved this place! I drove about an hour and a half to get here, and it was worth it! I took both my dogs and they loved the water. I arrived 9am on a Monday and there was no one around. The trail was not super obvious in some places but I felt like that was good - it wasn't trampled or run down. It was a good trail to do with dogs not used to longer hikes, and the views were amazing! very pleased.

we had the best time on this hike. we didnt do the full loop but walked to the middle of the valley and back and it was stunning views the whole way! it was nice and cool by the water and there were many others out on the same walk. we took friends who arebt accustomed to the altitude and it was manageable for them and easy for my husband and I. I highly recommend this hike

Easy hike and the views are worth it. It's very muddy in places (mid-June).

Great hike. Easy-to-moderate difficulty, yet very muddy on the north side and waist deep snow on the south side. Until the snow clears, recommend doing just the north side.

beautiful and excellent for kiddos and pups!

Good hike around the lake. Open and near the lake on the north side and in a shady forest trail on the south. Highly recommended for those looking for a scenic, easy, 2 hour hike.

Great trail. A bit slippery after fresh snow.

Great views with mellow trail. Does get really muddy on one side of trail.

Beautiful, easy hike. A great option for an rest day or to acclimate out of town guests. My personal 3 day summit county program would be this day one, Mohawk Lakes day two, then the hard stuff like Quandary or Bald Mountain on day three.

Love the diversity of interesting views that you get on this trail. You'll be hard pressed to find better views on an easier hike in the area. Highly recommended! See photos on my Instagram @seesienza.

I brought my friend visiting from sea level. Perfect way to show the beauty of Colorado without any strenuous work. Super easy for me, perfect amount of difficulty for her. Good place to bring dogs for a nice 2.5 mile loop walk. Was a bit muddy in parts and we both slipped and fell - we laughed it off. Highly recommend for a recovery day!

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Beautiful.

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Really easy and BEAUTIFUL trail! Great for bringing family from out of town.

Monday, July 24, 2017

This is a beautiful hike but beware that it is NOT EASY. The woodsy portion has many rocks, tree roots and many small changes in elevation. The flatter portion can be quite muddy and slippery. I would rate the trail a strong Moderate. Again, very beautiful, but know what you are getting into.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

It was a beautiful hike. The north side was muddy because of the time of the year. Don't wear your good hiking boots. The views were unbelievable!!