Learn more

Clear Creek Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(180)
Lions Park

Clear Creek Trail is a 20.1 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Golden, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 20.1 miles Elevation Gain: 226 feet Route Type: Point to Point

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

city walk

A long trail connecting several cities from Golden to Commerce City. Parking in Golden is free and can be found off 11th Street next to the Clear Creek History Park in the dirt lot (during summer) or off of 10th Street in the CoorsTek parking lot (on the weekends).

A nice walk around the creek and enjoy downtown Golden. Although was hoping the water would be clearer so that was a bit disappointed. Lots of people along the trail and almost no one was wearing masks.

Fun and less difficult trail through Golden but MAN! Once you leave Golden and go past the coors brewery, the stench is nearly unbearable!

Great trail because of all the activities and clear torques water that the creek produces. Easy trail walk a long the clear creek, tube down the creek, and even pan for gold. I photographed my girlfriends maternity pictures here as well.

Beautiful trail with photo opportunities all along the creek.

Great trail to do if you don’t want to make the drive in the mountains!

Do not go to the clear creek sign right off the highway. It starts out as a road, then turns into a gravel trail which looks decently used. However, the farther you go the more it meanders into nothing. Fall isn’t the best time to go either, because the river is dry and has a lot of pockets under rocks with grass for snakes to hide! Go to the other side of the road towards the river, and there is a highly used cement trail if you’re into that.

Theres a lot of construction here right now and we were confused how to get down to the water and trail but ended up going down the trail marked "construction zone" anyway. it is pretty down there by the water and it is a nice hike up. had a 2 year old in kid carrier and a 10 year old lab and everyone did fine.

I didn’t see an option for just biking, so I selected mountain biking. Very nice path! I’ve taken it from Arvada to golden and back and love it!

recorded Clear Creek Trail

Tough to give more than 3/5 here as much of where we wanted to explore was under construction. We’ll try again and bring tubes to go down the creek though!

Might be a bit long for an out-and-back, but its easy to break into shorter intervals. For example, Golden to the Wheat Ridge Rec Center makes a nice round trip; Wheat Ridge Rec to Platte River Trail is a bit longer round trip.

We had a fun ride. It’s amazing how far from civilization it feels like on this urban trail.

nice trail, mosquitos because it's near water

Fri Jun 28 2019

Very easy and beautiful hike. Dog friendly, very clear river

Sun May 19 2019

This trail is a really great place to take friends who aren’t avid hikers, but want to get in the Moutan s. Great views and an easy trek!

Sun Apr 07 2019

We had a great family hike with our 4 year old and 10 mo old Berner. A couple of sloped spots that some folks may not feel comfortable with their kids traversing, but ours loved the challenge.

Sat Mar 09 2019

Beautiful area but i couldn’t figure out where to go

Fri Mar 08 2019

Wed Feb 06 2019

Beautiful all year round. Easy walk

Sat Jan 12 2019

Beautiful covered in snow. Took my dog for a walk - can make it as short or as long as you’d like.

Wed Jan 02 2019

Completed this hike with my family on 12/31/18. It was sub-zero temperature and snowing pretty heavily when we were out there but we thoroughly enjoyed the walk around a partially frozen creek with excellent photo op spots. We did not have much time on hour hands so this turned out to be a nice choice. We had snow boots with traction devices attached but I think we could have done it without them. Overall a relaxing and easy loop around the creek. We probably did a 1.5 mile loop and not the entire 11+ miles as listed here.

Fri Nov 02 2018

When I first moved to Colorado 4 years ago, I rode from Westminster to Golden in the first week. I remember entering this trail and cruising toward the mountain on it, in and out of the trees, and just being in awe of this state's natural beauty, even in the city areas.

Sun Oct 21 2018

Amazing hike, wonderful people and peaceful.

Mon Aug 13 2018

Didn’t love the road noise. Trail was broken up and went through town. Had to cross the river to find any real trail, but then I wasn’t near the river.

Tue Aug 07 2018

Walked until the sign that said twin lakes. Went during the middle of the day and there were mainly bikers. Not very scenic. I doubt I’ll go back.

Thu Jul 05 2018

Great place to go in the summer when the creek is full of people tubing and rafting. Flat, easy trail that is shaded most of the way.

Sat Jun 23 2018

Walked the trail with my dog on a hot Saturday afternoon. Lots of people on the trail with rafts as they would find a spot to put in the river. Fun to watch the people rafting down. Wide and paved walking trail.

Mon May 07 2018

Boring for hiking, too short for biking if you planned to ride on trail not road. The trailhead is confusing, you need to start at the “no trespassing” sign and this is the only way to get down. If you just walking it’s better to park somewhere in Golden then drive to this parking lot.

Tue Apr 03 2018

Nice late afternoon hike with my baby, quiet despite being close to highway. Beautiful scenery and easy access to the creek to dip your hands or feet.