Cherry Creek Trail Loop is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Castle Rock, Colorado that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.8 miles Elevation Gain: 232 feet Route Type: Loop

historic site

It was pretty cool but I would recommend a lot more rocks to climb on. I love seeing the view and it’s really cool to see all the cool rocks.

NO WATERFALL but very nice otherwise. There are some wildflowers blooming and it looks like the cactus near the homestead will bloom soon.

Took my 8-month old pug on this trail and he loved it. The trail was in good condition and lots of hikers, families and dogs were on the trail. If you want to see the waterfall, you are better off taking the Rim Rock Trail.

Perfect area to bring your dog hike training! Remember to stop and purchase a Day pass before you drive in the park!

Trail conditions were great. Little bit of mud but not much. Waterfall was gorgeous!

icy

Took my kids who are 14,12, and 10 and my shiH Zhu. I’m new to hiking and was glad I had all trails. I did not see a waterfall...

Nice easy walk! Snowy and muddy on 03.01.2020! Lots of possible slip spots but not bad if you watch your step. My GSD loved it!

Very muddy this past weekend (very warm also). I slipped a few times in the mud. The trail was ok. Not much of a view. Pleasant mostly because of the weather. Rated correctly as easy, but very muddy with all the melt. Signage was ok. Be mindful dogs are allowed but need to be kept on leash.

icy

Pretty icy today all over. We went early when everything was still frozen so it wasn’t muddy at all. We did it in just gym shoes but could’ve greatly benefit from microspikes. Dog loved it as well

icy

10/12/2019 - A really nice trail! There are old home and water dam ruins, some great rock structures. Due to snow Thursday night there were some shaded muddy areas, but mostly the trail was easily traveled. Mostly narrow paths heading south, but wide open areas coming back up north from the cliffs. Great views from the high rock cliffs and closeness to trickling streams. We took routes on Cherry Creek, Castlewood Canyon, and Rim Rock trials.

This place is so heckin’ neat. I wasn’t sure what to expect, was just looking for a quick hike to do with my dog before the sun went down and oh my goodness. The trail is kind of narrow in spots but who cares? It was gorgeous - a lot of neat rocks, trees, and a great view from the top section especially with the sunset going on in the background. There are a few trails around this one that I definitely want to go back and check out - I didn’t see too much of the actual creek (it is August though), didn’t see a lot of the actual \/ canyon part, but like I said I definitely want to go back and check out those other trails. Super cool area, I’m really glad I found it.

recorded Recording - Jun 30, 11:03 AM

Great hike. Dog friendly. Not stroller friendly. Homestead ruins. Some shade.

dog friendly trail with a couple of sites, an old homestead, ruins of an old dam and a waterfall.

This is a quick, easy trail. This was my first solo hike since moving to CO a few weeks ago. I felt comfortable going the trail alone. I brought my dog who loved the easy 2 miles. Ran into 3 couples (2 with leashed dogs) on the trail.

Mon May 27 2019