Cherry Creek Reservoir Loop Trail

Cherry Creek Reservoir Loop Trail is a 8.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Aurora, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Fun and easy trail to access

Enjoyed the 60degree blue sky day December 9,2017. Saw a Bald Eagle and several deer. Nice easy stroll for 8 plus miles!!

Lots of concrete and mostly flat. Some good dirt tracks into the trees and through the grass. Nice views of the “lake” and surrounding creeks & swamps. Perfect for locals. Not really worth driving out of the way.

Easy road biking trail, nice views, not much traffic at certain times of the evening or certain times of the year out of peak season.

we love the dog park and trails...

This is a weekly stop for our family. Lots of explore on our way to the off leash dog park area.

Very beautiful and surprising find in my first trip to Denver. We only had enough time to make it about halfway around, but it was still enjoyable.

Nice for a long concrete path

Ll

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Nice easy walk, but not really quick or short. Sunrise and sunset offer some great photos, but other than that, it's your standard res.

Friday, September 23, 2016

Surprisingly pretty for being right in the center of civilization

Sunday, September 18, 2016

I am new to town and didn't realize it was a state park and has a $9 entrance fee. I would have gone somewhere else if I knew that BUT it is a fun place to go. Lots of bikers, swimmers (yes, in the lake), fishers, boaters, runners. I was looking for a hike but didn't know where a trail was so we just got out and walked around. There is sand all around the resivor so it's like a mini beach. We walked on that for a while till we eventually did find a trail (there are paved trails and gravel trails) that lead through some trees that opened up into a prairie. I was looking for something that was similar to mountains and I accept what I found. I would give this place 4 stars but I think a $9 day pass is too pricey.

Thursday, September 01, 2016

Fun area to walk around right in the middle of the city. For as much traffic that surrounds the park, it is very quiet. I prefer the wetland trail right off the main road as it's more natural and filled with wildlife. I've seen bobcats, foxes, coyotes, birds and deer here.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

this hike was relaxing and reminded my like if I were near the bay walking in some areas by the reservoir because of its various locations to walk around makes it very pleasant to enjoy a walk here.

Friday, August 26, 2016

flat but the nearly 12 miles was pretty and cool ecosystems.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Great trail. Watch out for cyclist!

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

We told the lady at the front desk we would like to hike and she gave us a map. She forgot to mention that all the trails were closed. There isn't anything to see here.

Friday, July 29, 2016

Go here every time I'm in the area ..great for workout on my bike ..alway plenty of bikers no matter what time ..

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Excellent walk around the water. Some shade made it pleasant.

Thursday, June 23, 2016