Cherry Creek Pipeline Trail

easy 69 reviews

Cherry Creek Pipeline Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Denver, Colorado that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from February until November.

Distance: 1.4 miles Elevation Gain: 13 feet Route Type: Out & Back

partially paved

Closest parking lot is Shop Creek Trail Parking lot. Dogs, horses and bikes are not allowed on this trail.

Took this easy path (including the wetland loop) on a sunny mid-December morning with the temperatures just above freezing. There was some ice on the trail but it was easy to navigate. Saw a herd of deer, including two bucks, on the trail and an eagle as we drove out of the park. The nearby shooting range made it sound a little like a war zone but it wasn't too distracting.

great trails. Encounter three some snakes along the way.

quite short but is a great quick getaway when you need to clear your head. beautiful

Nice walk saw an eagle and three deers. Is shade, great for a hot day.

bridge out
closed

Sun Jul 01 2018

beautiful trail leading to wetlands trail

Tue May 08 2018

Great, easy, winding path through a variety of landscapes. Lots of different trails/loops with plenty of signs and maps along the way.

Sun Mar 25 2018

I walk this trail (and include the wetlands loop) at least once a month, year round. Each season is beautiful in its own way and I love seeing the variety of animals and birds that come with each visit. I've snowshoed here in a foot of fresh powder! It's in the city, but feels far away. To add on to someone's previous post, I believe that no dogs are allowed to protect the wetlands and I have seen a coyote here (and heard many others).

Thu Jan 04 2018

This is an easy walk through the woods and wetlands in Cherry Creek State Park. We went in the winter so no green or colors on the trees but the naked trees have their own defined beauty. Unfortunately this trail is off limits to dogs, bikes, and horses, probably to protect the wetlands (?). In any case we still took our dog bc we had already parked and started walking and no one seemed to care. It was clear others ignored the signs as well due to the number of droppings we saw (pick up after your dog people!). In any case, it was a nice short walk and probably nicer in Spring-Fall but since dogs aren't allowed we probably won't be back.

Sun Feb 05 2017

This is the main trail in a creek filled area with small cute trails, like the half a mile loop. This trail comes out of the cherry creek trail, which is a biking, hiking, running trail that is paved and continues for several miles in both directions, one of the directions entering the reservoir loop trail taking you to lake views. I enjoyed my cold day there, I hiked 6.5 miles from Piney Creek trail, and exploded up to this trail which as a sweet surprise.