Cheesman Ranch Trail

Cheesman Ranch Trail is a 9.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Divide, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Nice wide trail on the North End of Mueller State Park near Divide, Colorado. This is a 5.5 mile loop which allows horses, mountain bikes, and hikers. Lots of wildlife viewing opportunities particularly in the early morning and evening hours.

A casual easy tread thru woods and fields. The Ranch was a nice place to hold out while a rain storm comes thru. Only hikers and rather sparse @ that, one of the reasons I love coming to the Park, you and nature. One of my favorites out of Mueller State Park.

A pretty mellow hike, with some great views of Pike's peak along the way. The roadside section wasn't wonderful, but there was still plenty to see. We saw a large hawk, a doe, and plenty of bear scat and tracks. This trail has a lot of potential for short or very long version, as the park is spiderwebbed with trails.

16 May--A nice hike. Pretty long for a 4x4-accessible road hike. 4x4's aren't allowed of course. Would've been a nicer trail run probably. Not many tough hills at all. Temp was 55°. Trail was completely dry. I used boots but trail runners or even sneakers could've done the trick.

We settled on this trail the morning we tried to hike Horsetheif to the Crags Trail (it was too icy though). I'm so glad we hiked this trail (in conjunction with Cahill Pond Trail) because it ended up being my favorite hike of our entire week long hiking trip. We set our hammock up and hung out for a few hours across from the Cheesman Ranch buildings. It was a beautiful day! The trail was easy to follow and everything is very clearly marked! We highly suggest this one!!

Monday, September 12, 2016

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Such a fun hike! Beautiful views. Fun change of scenery.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Nice trail for wildlife viewing, saw a bunch of deer and even heard a bear, although we couldn't see him

Monday, October 12, 2015

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

This is a nice trail but I give it 3 stars because it does parallel the highway for about a mile. This takes away from the remote and peaceful feeling of the majority of this 5.5 mile loop.

The trail is a mixture of forest and meadows. I saw a number of elk with their young calves during the hike. It is cool to see the old ranch buildings as well. The long downhill at the beginning of the hike is nice but it means you have to climb back up at the end. If you go in a counter clockwise direction you will have more shade for the climb.